Surprises On The Other Side

Hei Xiazi

They headed into their destination pretty much at the same time Wu Xie's and the others had go to do their part in Banai. Fairy Huo had said that her men where already expecting their arrival with everything they needed in their task at their reach. Still, since the woman was not really one who they could trust, Xiao Hua decided that it was reasonable for him to take some of his must trusted men as well, just to be on the safe side.

Giving his extended stay in Xiao Hua's home, all of his men were used to his presence and in a way they even treat him like one of their own, letting Xiazi go in and out of the house as he pleased and into Xiao Hua's private part of the house that only the ones Xiao Hua invited were allow to enter. Their relationship was hidden under the pretense of him been Xiao Hua's bodyguard temporal and partner in search for Xie Lian, but Xiazi guessed that at least, Xiao Hua's right hand man knew the real relationship they had behind closed doors.

Thus, when he asked the man to drive Xiao Hua's car in his place, he didn't objected in the least and only assented as he told him to take good care of Master Hua on the road and that the rest of Xiao Hua's men will follow closely.

"Ah, Master Hua... you had such loyal men under you... I'm impress you had built such safety net at your young age. I know it shouldn't have been easy and that you had to be ruthless at times to keep your position strong." Xiazi said to him as he drive the car to their destination.

"It haven't been easy, indeed and my men are all like family, thus the loyalty."

"Yeah... but..."

"But what? Did any of them did something to you that shouldn't?"

"It's not that... I'm aware that you give them the order to let me be, as your associate and bodyguard, but you see..."

"Just spill it."

"I think they see me as your wife." Xiazi let the bomb drop, expecting Xiao Hua to get mad or annoyed with the comment, yet when he chance a glance to his side, in where Xiao Hua was sit, he saw amusement.

"So you notice..." Xiazi pointed, while Xiao Hua smiled.

"Are you surprise? My men have been working for me for a very long time. They may not say it, as it is my personal life and your stay have not change the way I act or do things, but they can tell that I 'favor' you more... personally than anyone else."

"Ah... so, I am your wife in their eyes, indeed." Xiazi sighed while Xiao Hua laughed.

"I guess, it's a way to see it..."

"Master Hua, don't laugh. I am older than you, I should be the husband."

"Nonsense, age doesn't make a husband."

"I had top you too."

"Not more than me, so don't complain and besides, I am the head of the Xie family, so I will never become a wife."

"You break my poor heart."

"Your heart is anything but poor."

"You are so heatless."

"That's odd, in bed you don't say the same." At that Xiazi laughed, because he was so damn right. When they were making love, the last thing he had called Xiao Hua was heartless, because he pretty much worshiped Xiao Hua's body like a devoted follower.

"Alright, let's change the subject. We must be extra careful while in location."

"Of course, that's why I brought my men with me this time. I don't trust that woman for a second."