A Little Time To Smile

Hei Xiazi

They make haste to reach the place from which the red smoke was coming and it was a good thing they did, because as they walked closer, they found the body of one of San Xing's man along their way, which confirmed that the one with the red smoke was indeed San Xing. Not knowing of what they were against, Xiazi told Xiao Hua to standby close to the campsite, but away enough so he can stay safe and offer help if something goes wrong.

When Xiazi finally reached the camp San Xing had made, it was all a mess of fire, red smoke and deadly snakes. Xiazi saw San Xing trying to defend himself against the many snakes with a torch, but his movements were not as fluid as when he was younger, which almost cost his life when a snake throw itself at him and was about to bite him, when Xiazi intervened, kicking away the snake before it could do the damage.

"I see I came just in the nick of time." Xiazi said to San Xing.

"Luckily, otherwise I would have die just now. You take your time to find me..." San Xing told him.

"It's not that I haven't my own problems coming here." Xiazi said as he kicked away a few more snakes.

"Are you alone? Where is Wu Xie and Xiao Hua?" San Xing asked.

"I don't know about Wu Xie, but I'm sure Yaba Zhang must be with him and about Hua'er... he came with me."

"Then where is he?" San Xing asked?

"He is safely waiting for me. It's not like I can endanger the Master of the Xie family blindly." Not to mention a possible lover that had his heart wrapped on his pale hands.

"Good, he must stay safe." San Xing agree.

"Of course and it's not like I can't handle this snakes on me own." Xiazi said and he grabbed an oil lamp and spill the oil on a piece of fabric, then put it over his head.

"Master San, light it up!" Xiazi yelled and San Xing comply setting the fabric on fire and then watch as Hei Xiazi ran away from the camp, while the snakes, attracted by the heat, followed.

Xiao Hua was not too far from the camp, actually he had walked closer, worry that Xiazi may be in troubles and he was absolutely right in thinking it so, when he saw Xiazi run like hell with a piece of fabric in flames over him.

"What is he doing? Damn it!" Xiao Hua cursed as his heart sink yet again as he ran toward Xiazi.

"Hua'er!"

"Drop it you idiot!" Xiao Hua ordered and Xiazi did as he was told, dropping the thing over a rock, yet he keep running and took Xiao Hua's hand when he was close enough and keep running for a few more minutes, until he finally stopped, after leaving the snakes behind.

"What was that for?" Xiao Hua asked as he checked on him.

"Snakes... lots of them, I needed to draw them away from San Xing's camp." Xiazi said and Xiao Hua sighed.

"Don't be too reckless... look at this..." Xiao Hua pointed at his jacked, which was charred at some parts.

"It's fine, I'm not burned."

"Let me see it."

"It's just the jacket, is fire resistant..."

"Xiazi..."

"Seriously, I'm fine."

"Show me anyways." Xiao Hua insisted and Xiazi had no other choice than to take off his jacket and let Xiao Hua look at his arm. Most of his arms looked fine, just a little bit redden on his left forearm, but at least it wasn't burned. Even so, Xiao Hua gently held his arms and ran his hand over the sore skin.