Into The Zhang's Territory

Wu Xie

The next two days were of preparation and departure, as they split into the two teams that Fairy Huo had suggested from the start. One with the Iron Triangle, even when Granny Huo had protested initially, but with not real choice to change it, since Zhang Qiling was set on it and the other with Xiao Hua and Hei Xiazi.

Their last night together in Xiao Hua's home, they had dine in a more feast manner and wish good luck to each team, with the promise to see each other after the deed was done on both sides. Xiao Hua and Xiazi stood side by side as they head out of his house to go to Banai the next morning. At that moment, as he watch them there, waving their hands at them and the car slowly drive away, Wu Xie got the feeling as if it was a real goodbye instead of just a see you back in a few days.

However, he force himself to get rid of that feeling and focus on the hand he was holding, which had slightly squeeze his in reassurance. Xiaoge was sit by his side, thus everything was going to be fine on their end, because they were stronger together and Xiao Hua was in very good hands with Xiazi, his beloved watching his back at every step. There was not really anything to worry about, just work hard to make sure everything goes the way it was supposed to.

Once in Banai, they stay once again with Uncle Gui, although now their team was larger than just the three of them and waited for further instructions. The two teams needed to work simultaneously and for Xiao Hua's team to get ready for what looked like a lot of work, or so they were told. As they waited, not too unexpectedly, Cox Hendry send a few things to Fairy Huo, gifts, as he send the words, including a map of the area in where the Zhang's Pavilion was supposed to be... although there was only one real way to find out.

Soon, they headed out to the mountains, as they had prepared for and walked the long distance to the supposed entrance to get inside the mountain in which the Pavilion was inside. Give it to the Zhang's to do things the way their ancestors did. Literarily, they were pretty much heading to another underground tomb, like the many in where they had go before, although not as fancy as those left by Emperors and old Dynasties, yet most likely deadlier than any of the others.

The Zhang's apparently wanted their secrets very well hidden and for that they were going as far as to hollow a mountain and plant an entire forest for wood material, not to mention to redirect rivers and use deadly black haired snakes to manipulate even deadlier things like the miloutuo. There was no limit for those people to guard, whatever was in there to protect... including an entrance.

"This is the entrance?" Fairy Huo asked as she looked around to see nothing more than stones and small threes as far as the eye could see.

"According to the map that Cox Hendry give us and the surrounding landmarks of the terrain it is... at least here somewhere in this area..." Xiu Xiu said as she looked at the map on her hands.

"Well, there isn't even an animal path in sight, much less an entrance... I guess not everything can be left to technology. We better search the old tomb raiding way, right Tianzhen?" Pangzi asked as he looked at his friend.

"Even if we have landmarks as our guidelines, the Zhang's will not make an entrance to their resting place easy to spot for everyone in search of it to find it. This is why tombs remain hidden for centuries and why tomb raiders all over the country need to train. I suggest we split and look around the area quite carefully and if someone spot anything resembling an entrance, even if it is a rabbit hole in the ground, shoot away the location and we will see if it's the real thing." Wu Xie said as he looked around and to Fairy Huo's annoyance, her own men actually obeyed and started to disperse to look around as the young Wu heir had suggested.

"You got the vibe of a leader, Mr. Wu." Fairy Huo told him.

"What I said it's common sense and also, we had already been warned by Cox Hendry's right hand woman that the other entrance was too deadly to try it." Wu Xie said.