A Pained Heart

Wu Xie

Next morning, Wu Xie wake up feeling a bit cold, because he was no longer been hugged by his lover. When the realization that Xiaoge was no longer around hit him like a cold bucket of water, Wu Xie left his sleeping bag in a rush to look for him, but he only needed to turn around to see him. He sighed in relief, following Qiling and called his name when he lose him into some bushes.

"Xiaoge!" He shouted.

"Here." Came his soft response, he barely catch, but he was quite close so it was easy to find him. Just behind some bushes, Xiaoge was working on something on the ground all cover in death leafs and as Wu Xie came close, a strong smell of rotten flesh mixed with something else hit his nose.

"Just what you got there?" Wu Xie asked, squatting down by his side.

"A snake." Xiaoge answer, while uncovering the remains below the leaves. Just seen the size of the bones, Wu Xie was quite astonished.

"Oh damn, it's so huge." Wu Xie whisper as he looked at the gigantic skeleton head.

"It is." Xiaoge glanced at him.

"Well, at least is long dead. This place is definitely a den of snakes we need to be more careful about it." Wu Xie said and Xiaoge assented in agreement, then took out his leather glove and knife.

"Wait, what are you going to do?" But once again, ignoring his protests, Xiaoge cut his hand and squeeze it hard to draw out blood.

"It's just a bit." Xiaoge repeated in apology, seen Wu Xie pout at him. He looked so cute while a bit angry that Xiaoge give Wu Xie a peck on his cheek, before he grabbed Wu Xie's hand, tainting it with his blood.

"What is this for?" Wu Xie asked curiously.

"For the ticks, put your hand on the ground, but don't move." Qiling said, not really giving Wu Xie time to argue and placed his bleeding hand in between the exposed bones of the snake. Immediately, a great number of ticks went out of the remains of the snake, which make Wu Xie unconsciously move backwards and yell. If he wasn't busy making sure no tick will come close to his lover again, he would had sighed. He just warn him not to move and of course, that was exactly what he did. But then again, it wouldn't be Wu Xie if he had actually do as he said.

Hearing his yell, the others came rushing to see what had happen.

"What the hell Tianzhen? I hear you yell and I thought something was eating you, but there is nothing, unless it was Xiaoge." Pangzi asked.

"If you had been here two minutes earlier you would had yelled too. There was so many ticks inside that snake..."

"What snake?" Pangzi interrupted, looking up.

"The dead one Xiaoge is exploring." Wu Xie pointed down to Qiling.

"Oh hell, is that a snake? It looks more like a dragon. So huge!" Pangzi shouted in panic, covering his nose with his hand.

"Nothing about tombs seems to be normal, it really isn't that unexpected to find overgrown reptiles here." Ah Ning said.

"Thus, when there is one there are two, right?" Pangzi asked looking everywhere as if in any bush was one in hiding.

"It's possible. What did you found, Xiaoge?" Pan Zi asked and Qiling took out a few things, a very old flash light, some bones and other stuff came out one after the other.

"Xiao San Ye, you should head back to the camp, I will help Zhang Qiling with this." Pan Zi offer and after a glance with Xiaoge, he agree, going back to have some rest. The day was already hot and humid from yesterday rain and to his bad luck, while he dozed, he actually dreamed or more like have a nightmare in which they discover that the bones inside the snake belonged to Ah Ning and not only that, that impossible big python showed up and was about to eat him when he wake up with a yell, looking at Ning's way, but sighed as he saw her, resting not too far from where he was.