Uneasy

Wu Xie

Giving the fact that he had ignored Pangzi along with Xiaoge while he was angry and sulking on his room, he told Pangzi to sit and he will pour the water in his basin, as an apology. So as Pangzi enjoyed his relaxing footbath, he prepare another right next to him and ponder in silence on the recent events.

"Tianzhen, you give everything too much thought. You will have early white hairs at this rate. You should be more like Xiaoge..." Pangzi said and Wu Xie looked at him, after filling half of the wide basin.

"Why Xioage? He had his thoughts too, just look at his serious expression right now." Wu Xie said as he admired his man face, which was as expressionless as ever as he stared back at him.

"Xioage, the water is ready, come and soak your feet." Pangzi simply said and Wu Xie chuckle.

"As if that will work..." Wu Xie said, but to his surprise, Xioage took off his boots, rolled up his pants and sat by Pangzi, putting his feet on the basin that Wu Xie had just half filled.

"Huh? Xioage... since when you became so obedient?" Wu Xie whisper a bit surprised to witness such response and Pangzi laughed.

"When do you ask? What about since you were sulking, like a hurt lover that was suddenly cheated with fire, who do you think had to take care of him? Pangye, of course! So don't even think that you are the only one who had an influence on him." Pangzi said and Wu Xie sighed, but not in annoyance, just in relief... at least Xiaoge was really making connections with others, even when Pangzi was a given, as they had spent quite a lot of time together since Tamutuo.

"Alright... then let me pour more water for you Xioage." Wu Xie said as he empty the rest of the content of the thermal flask into Xioage's basin and looked up to him to find him... pleased? He barely showed expressions, other than when they make love, but he was now detecting small burst of them on their daily life.

"Ah... this is so relaxing... a shame the house burned to the ground, turning into ashes all that was inside, including the photos..."

"About that, Pangzi..." Wu Xie said and Xioage took out the burned piece he had manage to save when he went inside the house.

"Chen Wenjin again? Did she take photos with everyone on this village?" Pangzi asked as he look at the picture.

"That's a good question... we can ask Mr. Gui tomorrow morning and find out about that." Wu Xie said.

"Yeah... maybe we can ask about that slope-shoulder guy too. Someone in the village must know about him. I'm sure he is the one who burn the stilt house." Pangzi said as he sipped his tea.

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"He was too far away when the fire started. Even when we first lost him, he obviously was watching us the whole time, so he could not have done it, no matter how fast he can run."

"So aside from been a stalker, he also had an accomplice?"

"Is either that or someone else set the house on fire. It seems that this village have its own secrets and we know that secrets attract all kind of people, including us, tomb raiders. I know for sure that slope-man wants to protect the secret behind the ingot we found on Xioage's house, so who really knows about who else is out there trying to unravels the mystery."

"Yeah... it make you wonder, what was Chen Wenjin looking for in here? What bring her here in the first place? Was it an archeological project? Of what kind? Perhaps a tomb beneath the mountains of this village?" Pangzi asked and Xioage had another sudden pain in his head, that Wu Xie notice instantly.