Live For Me

Zhang Qiling

He had chased the figure that had been watching them for a while now, knowing almost from the start that they were been followed all the way to their last resting place. As the stranger never attempted to get too close, he had ignore it, as they had more pressing matter to take care off, but now that he/she had dare to come close to Wu Xie, as the muddy footsteps suggested, he was not going to let it run free anymore.

Anything that could compromise Wu Xie's safety was his top priority to resolve, even when it meant leave Wu Xie's side for a while, if that ensures keeping him out of any external danger. Tomb raiding was not a safe business and he still remember the time Wu Xie was kidnapped by that foreign and was left into a bamboo cage in the forest.

That image still haunt him at times, be left alone, hungry and thirsty, feverish, weak and helpless, which was the reason he wasn't too fond of Ning and only help her before because it would help him find some answers about his missing past. However, after kissing with Wu Xie, even his lost memories had taken a second place in his mind, thus the reason he was chasing a stranger instead of keep moving to find the Queen Mother's Palace.

At some point, the figure clocked in muddy clothes finally stopped and turned to reveal herself to him.

"You are..." Qiling whisper in surprise, recognizing the face behind the mud.

"I'm glad some of your memories had returned. Do you remember me now?" The woman in front of him asked and he assented.

"Chen Wenjin." He said in hush.

"Good. Indeed I am Chen Wenjin... long time no see, Zhang Qiling." She told him.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"I can tell you, but it will take a while to explain it all, will you listen to my story, while leaving Wu Xie alone?" She asked back.

"Are you after Wu Xie?" He asked in return.

"Not really. I have my own reasons to be here, but my story is connected to yours and that young man as well."

"Then I will listen." Qiling concluded and Wenjin smiled.

"Of course you will..." He was unable to resist both, knowing about his missing past, nor about anything that involved San Xing's nephew and of that, Wenjin was well aware of it.

"Alright then, let me tell you the story from the very start..." She said as she sat over a rock and Qiling did the same, ready to hear a long story that could finally give him some answers.

Wu Xie

The morning came and Xiaoge was still missing, which keep Wu Xie worry, yet he knew Xiaoge was more than capable to defend himself. He had promise he will not disappear on him again, so he could only believe that Xiaoge had chased the man too far and will take a while to come back to him again.

"Tianzhen, if you are that worry, I can help you look for him. Losing a lover to a stranger can't be easy to take." Pangzi said, which irritate Wu Xie more.

"I have not lose a lover, Xiaoge is a one army man on his own, he should be fine, just delayed." Wu Xie said.

"Yeah, right..." Pangzi whisper.

"Pan Zi, you can send a signal to my Uncle? We can see if we had any response as we wait for Xiaoge. It still worth the shot." Wu Xie asked, in order to distract himself from Zhang Qiling's prolonged absence.

"Alright... if Master San Xing see the smoke, he will definitely respond back. Let's hope he is close enough to see it." Pan Zi said as he threw a smoke tablet into the still burning fire, releasing a yellow smoke into the air in a long column that went up to the sky.