Meeting Venti and Diluc

Springvale

Paimon and I ventured into the forest again.

A bard dressed in green sat alone beneath the huge tree beside the Anemo statue.

He looked like he was thinking about something, and a bit sad.

"Hello." I began.

"What's a bard out here doing?" Asked Paimon.

"Hello, you must be the traveler around Monstadt." Replied the green bard, glancing at me.

"Yes." I nodded.

"I'm Venti by the way." He replies.

"I'm Y/N," I replied.

"If only there was a way to save Dvalin." Muttered Venti.

"Whose Dvalin?" I asked.

"Dvalin is one of the four winds of Monstadt, he's the guardian of the East wind, a dragon." Explained Venti.

"You mean Stormterror?!" I asked, surprised.

"Dvalin's no monster, I just know it, however, there's something wrong about him." Replied Venti.

"What happened to the dragon?" I asked, curious.

"Long ago, Dvalin was a protector of the Four Winds in Monstadt, he loved the city of Monstadt dearly. However one day, he suddenly abandoned his role because of the false beliefs he was fed by someone or something, thinking Monstadt has turned their back on him, and that he will have no freedom by partaking in this role, and so he left, deeply saddened by the pain and went into hiding." Explained Venti.

"The dragon must've been through a lot," I replied.

"Indeed he has." Agreed Venti.

"What can we do about Dvalin?" I asked.

"See, there was this ancient Holy Lyre Himmel that I used to play, Dvalin would fly down because he was drawn to the beautiful melodies of the instrument. Through this. Dvalin wished to learn how to speak and to be understood by the souls, and so as time passed, he would often fly down to the city of Monstadt and answer his curiosity for humans by studying their emotions. He often watches them from above daily and enjoys his time there." Replied Venti.

"Perhaps the Lyre can call down Stormterror and bring him back the way he used to be?" I suggested.

"Yes! That's it! We just need to find the Holy Lyre Himmel, it is in the Favonius Cathedral of Monstadt, right by the Goddess statue!" Realized Venti, lighting up.

"How do we get there?" I asked.

"Follow me." Beckoned Venti as he leads me back into Monstadt city.

We managed to navigate through the crowded streets. Passed a couple of cobblestones and a couple of flights of stairs, we finally found the huge cathedral we were looking for.

"Wait, there are guards there," I whispered, pointing at one.

"Wait till night time." Suggested Venti from the door.

That evening

We managed to sneak back into the Cathedral.
The guard by the secret stairs of the middle had switched out.

Venti, Paimon and I tiptoed down the small, spiral staircase.

Thank goodness the stairs were marble and not wood.

Turns out there were guards on patrol down the Cathedral basement.

It was a secret place full of secret files and bibles probably. We managed to sneak past all the guards.