Treasures and Lunch

Later that morning

We found strange rings and strange Dodoco walls.

"Dodo-King set this up!" Comments Klee as she threw her Ludi harpastum bombs at the wall that broke easily.

A chest emerged from the sand.

"Wait, it could be a trap." Began Jean as she took out her Favonius sword.

Xiao inched forward carefully and drew out his jade spear. He then used his spear to poke around the chest and then went on to pry it open. Nothing happened.

"It's safe." He goes as he took out the items from the chest.

"Are you sure?" Asked Jean.

"Trust me, I didn't even sense any danger when I approached this area." Replied Xiao, "Adepti Are never wrong." He finishes.

"Very well." Replied Jean, as she walks ahead of us.

"Phewf!" Replied Klee. 

We then made our way to the next wall after sharing the treasure. 

When Klee threw the harpastum bomb, but it didn't break and it reformed.

"Huh?!" Asked Paimon from behind us.

"Maybe we all have to hit it," I suggested.

"Okay, 1,2,3,!" Replied Klee as she ordered us to throw our harpastum bombs towards the wall.

The word barrier around the chest broke again and unlocked the chest.

"Yay!" Jumped Klee. 

Later that afternoon

"So many treasures on this island!" I commented as Xiao and I opened the tenth chest we found on this Broken Isle.

Xiao, me and Klee decided to share some of the items from the chest. Some had ascension materials, others had crafting materials, and crystals.

"This will be perfect for our ascension." Replied Xiao as he carried the items towards our campfire.

"Oh yeah, Xiao, do Adepti ascend too?!" I ask as we waited for the fried fish from Klee and Jean.

"Of course, almost every being in this world are capable of ascending, I don't know about the Abyss order creatures though." Replied Xiao.

"Do you think Paimon can ascend?" Asks Paimon.

"Ask yourself." Replied Xiao and then took a bite of the cooked fish Klee made.

Paimon stared at Xiao confused and went back to chew on the fried fish Klee gave her.

"Didn't expect you to try new food," I replied. 

I then held my fried fish skewer and took a bite.

"It's similar to Grilled tigerfish anyways, and I'm trying to stomach food like everyone else." Replied Xiao as he finished the fried fish.

"That's good," I replied as I picked up the third skewer.

"You and Paimon have such an appetite." Notes Xiao.

"This is good okay!" I replied, giving him a playful glare.

"Glad you like the fried fish!" Smiled Klee.

"No problem!" I replied.

"Mhm!" Nodded Jean.

"Delicious!" Goes Barbara.

We then went back to treasure hunting. 

"Woah, look here!" Jumps Klee excitedly as she pointed at the mysterious floating hoops in the air, some were on the ground, others floated with an element from Teyvat.  There was a target at the end of the setup. 

"Are we supposed to hit through the hoops?" I asked. 

"With the harpastum balloons!" Nodded Klee happily as she threw one, hitting the target through the hoops. 

The target broke into pieces and the barrier of words floating around the chest disappeared. 

"Let's share the treasure!" Jumped Klee as she opened the chest and threw us some of the artifacts in there. 

The next set of hoops were kind of strange. One of us had to stand on the platform to activate it. 

"I'll stand here," Shrugged Barbara. 

"Okay! Thank you!" Replied Klee as she jumped and threw the harpastum bomb. 

The next ring game we found had 2 targets. 

"Uhm," Goes Paimon. 

"I'll stand here," Jean replied as she stepped onto the platform. 

We threw the harpastum bombs, but it missed the targets. 

"Hey, do you think we can turn one of the rings around here?" I asked, suggesting.

"Yeah, we can try." Nodded Barbara as she and Jean went to turn the rings to the right positions. 

Xiao decided to step onto the platform to wait for us, allowing Klee and me to throw.

"Try again!" Replied Jean. 

Klee and I nodded as we threw our harpastum bombs through the anemo hoop. 

"It worked! YAY!" Replied Klee jumping happily as she ran towards the chest. 

We all gave a chuckle at that. 

Later that evening, After dinner 

"Time to ascend?" I asked, glancing at Xiao. 

"Sure." Replied Xiao. 

"We'll be right back," I replied as I told Jean that Xiao and I are going into one of the caves of the islands to ascend. 

"Wait what are you two ascending?!" Asked Paimon, curious. 

"Our talents and my level," I replied. 

"Alright, see you later," Smiled Klee. 

I followed Xiao inside the crystal cave. 

We defeated the Abyss mage and the hilichurls. 

Xiao checked for anyone else here. 

"It's empty," He nods. 

"Good, ready?!" I asked. 

"Ready," Replied Xiao. 

We found a smooth rock to stand on. 

I closed my eyes and gripped dawnbreaker with my left hand and holding some of the ascension materials with my other hand. 

(A/N: Left-handed IRL and in the book)

The anemo energy channelled through my body as the items floated in a circle in the air around us. 

"You're doing great," Whispered Xiao with his eyes closed as well. 

"Thank you," I replied. 

The wind circled around and brushed us gently. I could feel the increase in my level and abilities. 

Anemo coloured sakuras swirled around us after we opened our eyes from the ascension.