Lantern rite Start

Y/N's pov

"Y/N!" Called a voice over the wooden bridge at the wooden harbor.

I noticed the streets were more crowded than usual and had lanterns hung everywhere.

"Y/n!" Called the voice again.

I looked up to see Xiangling who jumped down.

"Welcome back! You're in time for the Lantern rite! It's starts today and ends in a week." Smiled Xiangling.

"Cool, I'm exhausted though, just got back from Monstadt." I replied with a yawn.

"We should find a place to stay." Replied Paimon.

"Let's head to Wangshu Inn then." Suggested a voice, it was a icy haired boy.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Chongyun," replied the icy haired boy as he reached out his hand to shake.

"Cool! I'm Y/N." I smiled.

"And I'm Paimon." Replies Paimon.

"Hello, I'm Xingqiu from Guhua clan." Replied a dark blue haired boy replied as he shook my hand.

Xingqiu held a Liyue book mid-chapter in hand.

"Nice book you got there, what's it about?" I asked.

"This book? Oh it's about martial arts and fascinating legends." Replied Xingqiu, as he let me read a few lines of the book.

"Sounds like a good book to me." I chuckled.

"Should we head there now?" I asked Paimon and Chongyun.

"Yeah, I just need to visit Master Xiao." Replied Chongyun.

At Wangshu Inn

Paimon and I checked into the Inn.

"Hello again you two." Smiled Verr, she then looked at us, "can I ask you two a small favor?" She whispered to us.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Can you invite Xiao to watch the lanterns with you for this year's Lantern Rite festival?! We've been trying to get him to enjoy Lantern Rite Festival for so long but it never works! Perhaps you could try." Replied Verr.

"Sure, I'll see what I can do." I replied, blushing at the thought of seeing him again.

I then took out a pouch of mora to pay for this week's room

"No need, I'm going to have your room oppossite of his and make it your permanent place to stay whenever you come to Liyue." Replied Verr, stopping me from paying.

"Are you sure?!" I asked.

"Yes! Go on and settle in! You had a long day, you can try convincing him tomorrow, and explore the harbor at night to enjoy the full week of the festival." Replied Verr, "oh and don't forget to craft yourself some xiao lanterns." Reminded Verr with a smile.

"Thanks, Have a good night Misses Goldet." I replied.

"You have a goodnight young traveler." Waved Verr.

Paimon gave a tiny yawn and flew after me to our room upstairs.

I walked up the stairs slowly to find Xiao on the balcony.

He looked striking and stunning as always. The young male Adeptus was quietly enjoyed the view.

Chongyun had just left, taking the elevator down to return to the harbor probably.

"Maybe we shouldn't disturb him." Whispered Paimon, I nodded and turned to walk to my room.

"Y/N, wait." Called Xiao gently.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Thank you for the almond tofu and the note." Replied Xiao, he then glanced at me, "Also I need to tell you somehing."

"What is it?" I asked, as I walked towards him slowly.

"I went to visit Zhongli after you left for Monstadt." He began.

"What did he say about me?" I asked, curious.

"He wanted me to join you on your travels, I'm not sure what he exactly means. The decision is still up to me overall, so all I ask from you is please give me a week to think about it." Replied Xiao.

"That's great to hear, I'll be waiting for your answer." I replied walking towards my room.

"Goodnight, Y/N." Replied Xiao as he entered the oppossite room to mine.

"Goodnight, Xiao." I replied as I shut the door of my room.

Later the evening

I decided to take a nice long bath after the long journey back. I let the warm bathwater and sweet scent of qingxing flowers fill the bathroom.

"This feels nice!" Replied Paimon, bathing in the bathroom sink with some flowers too. She was enjoying it like it was a spa treatment.

"Surprised you haven't drowned yet." I chuckled.

"Hey it isn't that deep." Replied Paimon, peeking from the sink and glaring at me.

"Hey! Can I get some privacy please?!" I laughed as I splashed at her.

"Nope! Since you left the sink unattended, this will be Paimon's bathing spot." Glared the fairy as she splashed back into the sink.

"You know I was going to use that clean water in the sink to wash my clothes." I began.

"Too bad! Paimon got here first!" Interupted Paimon as she splashed around.

"Suit yourself, I'm gonna get dressed now." I shrugged, laughing at the fairy.

Midnight

After getting dressed, I laid on the bed wide awake.  

I couldn't stop thinking about Xiao and also what he said to me.

Join me on my travels?!

Really?!

Am I dreaming?! I thought as I drifted into sleep.