Xiao's meeting with Zhongli

Vigilant Yaksha~Kinsen (Xiao's Chinese Va)

Xiao's Pov

"Cry!"

"Useless!"

"Over here!"

"Dissappear!!!"

I snarled as I defeated all the enemy hilichurls and Fatui agents around me.

The Ruin hunter who tried to join them was also in pieces in front of me as I picked up my jade spear.

My combat boots crunched the earth as I walked the trail down the mountain out of Dihua Marsh.

Later that afternoon

I managed to avoid the bustling streets of Liyue harbor and the stares some gave to me.

Why does Zhongli xian sheng all of the sudden want to meet me today? I wondered as I entered the resturaunt.

"Ah. Greetings Xiao, you made it here." Smiled Zhongli, "Come sit." Replied Zhongli.

"Good afternoon Zhongli Xian sheng." I greeted with a nod as I sat down.

"Hello Adeptus Xiao, we meet again." Added a third voice, it was Childe.

"Tartaglia." I growled, my hands slowly forming a fist.

"Don't mind Childe over here." Replied Zhongli.

"Alright." I sighed as I looked away from Childe and focused my gaze on Zhongli instead.

Ganyu who sat next to Childe on the other side didn't care about him at all and just smiled.

How can you smile at that Fatui Harbinger who is up to no good in LiYue?!

"Anyways, I invited you, Childe, and Ganyu to tell you something. I was going to invite the traveler, but she went to Monstadt before I could ask her, though she already knows about this," began Zhongli.

Y/N, she's quite something alright. I'm not sure if she's a mortal, she seems to be immortal, or celestial.

"What is it you want to tell us Zhongli Xian sheng?!" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Something you must promise to tell no one else, except for the traveler." Replied Zhongli.

"Alright, go on." I replied.

Zhongli closed his eyes and I saw a bright, glowing aura glow from his hands. A Geo artifact appeared in his hand.

"We Thought You Were Dead!" Cried Ganyu as she got up and hugged Rex Lapis/Zhongli.

Ganyu began to sniff and cry as she hugged Zhongli, not letting him go.

I slowly took out my polearm.
"Explain to me what is going on! If this is some kind of trick, then I'll never forgive you!" I growled as I glared at Childe.

"No, it's not." Replied Zhongli, gazing at me sadly.

"Why did you fake your death?! Do you know how much pain I was in?!" I hissed angrily in reply.

"I know and I am deeply sorry things had to be this way, Childe and I planned this together." Explained Zhongli.

"You and that Fatui Harbinger." I growled in reply.

"What matters is that you're okay." Cried Ganyu as she continued to hug Morax/Zhongli.

"What made you make this choice?!" I asked.

"That afternoon one day, I was enjoying the seaside views of Liyue harbor when I came across a boss telling their worker that "you finished your duties, calling it a day," and it made me wonder, have I already finished my duties." Replied Zhongli/Morax.

"I understand." I replied.

"Good." Replied Zhongli, he then explained to us what exactly happened.

He didn't exactly mention how this Fatui Harbinger was involved.

Huh. I guess I'll find out myself one day.

"Well, in that case I should get back to work, but I will make time to visit you tomorrow, my lord." Replied Ganyu, happily getting up.

"Please, just call me Zhongli or Zhongli Xian sheng." Smiled Rex Lapis.

"Alright, see you tomorrow Zhongli Xian sheng." Replied Ganyu with a wave as she left.

"I should get going too, monsters don't kill themselves." I began as I was about to leave too.

"Xiao, do you mind staying for a few minutes?" Asked Zhongli, stopping me.

"Is there anything else I need to know or something that you want me to do?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking of offering you a new contract." Began Zhongli.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"I was wondering if you could join the traveler, Y/N in her journey across Teyvat and onwards?" Asked Zhongli.

"What?! But my duty lies here protecting Liyue!" I protested.

"This is just an offer, reason is you suffered enough and have worked hard to protect Liyue, it is time you are free from your duties too." Replied Zhongli, gazing at me with sympathy.

"I am perfectly fine, it's my own fight after all." I replied.

"No, Xiao I want you to be happy." Replied Zhongli.

"I can't understand complicated human emotions or relationships." I replied simply.

"That is why it is time for me to free you from your duties, and starting today you are free to travel wherever you please." Replied Zhongli.

"When do I return to my duties?" I asked.

"You never have to anymore, you've seen how Liyue Qingxing and the people handled the danger. This means LiYue is ready for the big change. And I believe LiYue will continue to go forward and become a prospering nation." Replied Zhongli, looking hopeful.

"But this is presposerous! I can't just leave from this duty!" I protested again.

"I told you to not have to worry about it, Xiao." Replied Zhongli as he took out the contract of mine and let it fade into golden dust.

"I will give you a week which is this Lantern Rite for you to adjust to this new life and decide if you are going to join the traveler." Replied Zhongli.

"Why accompany her?" I asked.

"You have a friend to travel with, and can protect her from the dangers along the journey." Explained Zhongli.

"She's very capable of protecting herself." I replied.

"Yes, however she could use a companion like you." Pointed out Zhongli.

"How could she want a Conqueror of Demons, an adeptus who knows nothing but killing demons and monsters to be her friend?!" I asked.

"Xiao, you will learn eventually." Replied Zhongli, sighing a little.

"Fine, I'll think about it." I replied, turning back to him and saying, "give me a week and I'll tell my decision to her myself."

"Excellent, I hope it makes you happy Xiao." Smiled Zhongli, "see you soon." He waved.

"Goodbye, Rex Lapis/Zhongli Xian sheng." I nodded as I walked out of the tea room.