Meeting Dainsleif

Odd Eye~Dreamcatcher

A/N: Ngl, Xiao and Dainsleif are both hot boys in Genshin

It was another regular afternoon of comissions. After comissions we returned safely back to Monstadt.

Childe decided to go stay at the Goth hotel to avoid Diluc seeing him. As for Xiangling, she was in Springvale probably having another cooking competition with Brooke again. Qiqi agreed to help her collect some ingredients and also herbs for our later travels.

Rumors began to circulate around Angel's share that there is a male traveler that looked like my brother.

I was curious and decided to head to Angel's share to see. Xiao, and Paimon followed me to see.

We asked Diluc on the way in, he pointed at where the person was sitting.

"Thank you." I replied.

"See you around." Nodded Diluc as he left for Dawn Winery.

The young man was blonde, but he's too tall to be my brother, and he wears an eyepatch. I wonder what happened.

"Hello sir, you must be the traveler they talked about." I began as I walked up to him.

He didn't reply yet.

"I am the honuary knight of Monstadt, also adventurer of the Adventure's guild." I began again.

He still doesn't reply.

"I am a traveler too" I replied.

"Hmph, traveling? Why?" He asked.

"I am looking for my lost relative." I replies.

"Well that as good a reason as any, come, sit down." Replied the blonde man.

Xiao and I sat down. As for Paimon, she sat on the table, her eyes glued to the bar for food.

"Finally this guy decides to talk, he's weird alright." Muttered Paimon as she glanced at the food from another table.

"That little one beside you." Began Dainsleif, noticing Paimon.

"Bestfriend and emergency food." I replied, joking the last part.

"Paimon's your bestfriend, but not your emergency food!" Stomped Paimon, glaring at me a little before refocusing on the food.

"I see," replied Dainsleif, he then narrow his eyes upon Xiao, "and the adeptus?"

"I chose to travel with her," replied Xiao, his golden-amber eyes meeting Dainslief's equally piercing gaze.

I nodded, so did Paimon.

"It is indeed a good thing to have some friends accompany on your travels." Replied Dainsleif.

"Yeah." I replied, smiling at Xiao and Paimon.

"My name is Dainsleif, I suppose you have some business with me?" Asked Dainsleif, gazing at me specifically.

"Yes, we were going to invite you to journey with us." I replied.

"Sure." Replied Dainsleif.

"That was a quick response." Noted Paimon.

"But I require payment," began Dainsleif, he continued, "500 mora and three answered questions."

I nodded and took out a pouch that contained 500 mora from my inventory and handed it to him.

I honestly have so much mora I could spend. Most of them are from comissions. Plus Zhongli has Childe's wallet to spend, so I no longer have to worry about mora these days.

"My first question is: The crisis Mondstadt faced was resolved by an alliance between yourself and the Anemo Archon who calls himself Venti. Who, in your view, was the key to ending that crisis?" Asked Dainsleif.

"It was the unity of the people in Monstadt with Venti and my help." I replied.

"Is that your answer? Hmm... let's see," replied Dainsleif, he then asks "second question: Rex Lapis, who has defended Liyue Harbor for millennia on end, used his Gnosis to lay down a Contract to End All Contracts, or for some other reasons unknown, who do you think now defends Liyue?" Asked Dainsleif.

Hearing this, Xiao fixed his gaze onto Dainsleif and me.

"I would say the everyone in Liyue harbor, including the Qixing and Adepti." I replied.

Xiao let out a tiny sigh of relief and nodded in reply.

"Very well, I hope this question did not offend you, young adeptus." Replied Dainsleif, looking at Xiao.

"Its fine." Sighed Xiao, looking away.

Dainsleif then returned his attention on me, asking the third question: "final question: There are two types of people in this world, those who gained Visions, and those who did not. Which of the two do you think hold more importance in the eyes of the gods?" Asked Dainsleif.

"Perhaps none of them do." I answered, sort of deep in thought.

"So this is your answer then, I understand." Replied Dainsleif.

"The last question will always be a mystery." Added Xiao.

"As I thought, you really are similar to him." Replied Dainsleif, glancing at me.

"What do you mean him?" I asked.

Dainsleif didn't answer my question and instead replied, "I'll take that 500 mora and the answers you gave me, I now understand your views on this world. Therefore, I may now accept your comission, traveler." Replied Dainsleif.

"Finally." Muttered Paimon.

"That said, I only take comissions related to the Abyssal order." Replied Dainsleif.

"Alright." I replied.

"Like you, I am on a journey. You intend to find your sibling while I wish to oppose the Abyss." Replied Dainsleif.

"I've came across abyss mages and hilichurls." I replied.

"Those demonic creatures." Growled Xiao beside me.

"I have come to Monstadt this time whe following the trail of an Abyss herald." Began Dainsleif.

"Abyss Herald?" I asked.

"An abyssal being far more twisted than the abyssal mages." Explained Dainsleif, "it is the one who commands the abyssal mages."

"That sounds pretty dangerous." Replied Paimon.

"I'll defeat them." I replied with a nod.

"That manner, is just like him." Muttered Dainsleif.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Very well, let's meet at the temple of the Falcon." Replied Dainsleif as he stood up.