Zhongli joins the team

A/N: I just wanted one archon on the team. XD

Yanfei who has been adventuring with us for many weeks now had to go back to Liyue.

"You sure you don't wanna come with us to Monstadt or Inazuma?" I asked.

"No, I wish but I have a lot of things to take care of here." Replied Yanfei sadly.

"Alright, see you around," I replied.

"Yeah, see you, friends, around!" Smiled Yanfei as she skipped away.

Zhongli was listening in on the opera story by Chihu Rock's restaurant.

"My Lord." Goes Xiao as he walks over to him.

"Ah, good to see you all again." Greeted Zhongli.

"Hello again, Zhongli Xiansheng." Replied Childe, walking over to sit next to Zhongli.

"Actually, I was thinking, if I could join you on your adventures too." Began Zhongli.

"My lord, are you sure?!" Asked Xiao, surprised a little.

"Yes, why not." Replied Zhongli.

"Well... if you say so-xian sheng/my lord," replied Xiao.

"Then it's settled, shall I forge another contract just in case?" Asked Zhongli, glancing at me.

"No!" Yelled Paimon before I was going to reply.

"If I had one mora for every time someone says "contract", it could fill my teapot." I replied.

Zhongli chuckled while Childe gave a loud, bubbly laugh.

Xiao managed to hold his laugh.

"Well how bout this, it can be a simple contract, it won't be that complicated." Suggested Zhongli.

"I really don't want to suffer the wrath of the rock Zhongli xiansheng." I replied.

You won't, here," replied Zhongli as he handed me a golden paper onto the table.

"All you have to agree to is allow me to travel with you, and don't worry everyone will pay for their own expenses-however Childe, since your punishment isn't exactly over yet-." Replied Zhongli.

"Xiansheng, don't worry I'll pay for some of your expenses." Replied Childe, stammering awkwardly.

Xiao gave a smirk at Childe, "For the damage he did to Liyue."

"I hope you two get along through this journey." Replied Zhongli, narrowing his eyes at Childe specifically.

"Oh don't worry, Xiao hasn't picked a fight with me, he's too busy dating Y/N." Replied Childe.

"More like you haven't picked a fight with me!" Hissed Xiao at Childe, "Also watch what you say, Fatui Boy."

"Ooh, someone's getting possessive," teased Childe.

"Childe and Xiao, that's enough." Sighed Zhongli.

I finished signing the contract.

"And also, on this contract, it is an agreement of we go where as we please, so if I need to return to Liyue for any work, I will temporarily leave from traveling with you, but will eventually rejoin." Replied Zhongli.

"So like traveling with us is like vacation for you, that what you mean, Zhongli Xiansheng?" I asked.

"Yes, exactly." Nodded Zhongli.

"Alright, we'll be going to Inazuma tomorrow." I replied.

"Alright, Sounds good." Smiled Zhongli.

"Time to go back to our Teapot and eat dinner!" Yelled Paimon.

"And sleep." I laughed.

"Qiqi is tired." Began Qiqi as she walked in front of us.

"Well, see you guys tomorrow." I replied.

"What you mean, we'll be staying with you." Replied Childe, smiling at us.

"Wait what?!" Asked Xiao.

"You said you have extra rooms in that teapot right?!" Asked Childe, "plus Zhongli deserves a nice place to rest while traveling with you guys, don't you think, Xiao?!" Asked Childe, smirking at Xiao.

"Zhongli xiansheng can stay with us, but you will have to get your own teapot!" Hissed Xiao, glaring at Childe.

"Now, now Xiao," replied Zhongli and continued, "we should ask Y/N if she wants us to stay at her teapot." Replied Zhongli, glancing at me.

"Well sure, just maybe bring your own blankets or extra furnitures." I replied with a shrug.

"You're gonna let this Fatui boy into your place?!" Asked Xiao, glancing at me a bit concerned.

"Don't worry, you'll protect me, plus you'll be able to catch him if he does any funny business." I whispered to Xiao.

Xiao nodded reluctantly and focused his glare upon Childe.

"Fine, but if you try anything funny, then I will throw you out the teapot myself!" Replied Xiao, crossing his arms.

"Alright, sheesh." Replied Childe.

"Thank you Y/N, in that case I should also forge a housing contract, and then, it will be settled." Replied Zhongli.

"Contract again?!" I replied, facepalming.

"That'll be 2 mora for Y/N!" Laughed Paimon.

Childe quickly gave us two bags of mora and told us to keep them.

After signing the simple contract which was similar to the simple traveling one, I placed down the ink brush.

"There." I replied.

"Thank you," nodded Zhongli.

We then went by a statue aka Zhongli's own statue to place my teapot and went inside.

Later that night

Xiao and I shared the largest room, while Qiqi and Tubby shared one of the smaller rooms. As for Childe and Zhongli, they shared the second largest room.

I had taken a nice bath and now am heading to bed.

I gave an exhausted yawn and hugged Xiao before sleeping.

Xiao caressed me gently before falling asleep too.