Meeting the Adepti

Y/N's Pov

"So many cliffs to climb!" I complained as I slowly climbed up Mt. Aozang.

After finally reaching our destination, I noticed a stone table with some cutlery and bowls.

"Hmm, this must be where Rex Lapis has tea with Cloud Retainer." I began.

"True! And maybe we should cook some food offerings." Suggested Paimon.

We looked around to for food ingredients around the mountain to make for offerings.

"Who dares to tresspass the property of the Cloud Adeptus?!" Asked a sudden voice as a huge, pearl white crane flew down.

"Hello, Cloud Retainer,." I began.

"Why are you here?" She asked, confused.

"We came to tell you about the news of Rex Lapis. Something happened during the Rite of Descension." I explained as I showed her the golden invitation sigil.

"Is that so? Impossible! You were given the sigil! Before you tell me can you please clean my humble abode and retrieve a scroll?" Asked Cloud retainer as she used her wings to point at the abode.

"Sure." I replied.

"Good luck, we'll wait for you outside." Replied Cloud Retainer, "Consider this a form of training."

"Good luck Y/N!" Waved Paimon.

I entered the strange golden abode. There were floating rocks everywhere.

There were interesting looking Adeptus bridges that required you to turn them. There were some slimes and hilichurls here, but most were easy to defeat.

After sweeping up the front steps and cleaning up the battlefield, I took the scroll from the table.

After Exiting Cloud Retainer's abode

"Excellent work, young traveler." Praised Cloud Retainer as she took the scroll.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Now what were you going to tell me?" She asked

"Rex Lapis has been assassinated during the Rite of Descension ceremony today." I replied.

"Presposporus!" She yelled.

"It's the truth, the great Rex Lapis archon was descending but suddenly collapsed right in the middle of the ceremony," I explained.

"I will destroy LiYue!" Snarled Cloud retainer as she was about to take off.

"Wait! Stop! Cloud Retainer, what about the contract with Rex Lapis, I'm sure he does not want to see you like this!" I yelled, "think about the people of LiYue!"

"Fine! And if what you are saying is true, and I will go investigate myself, then you must tell the others." Sighed Cloud retainer as she began to take off.

"It is." I replied.

"You may leave now, and be on your way to tell the others, you have my blessing." Replied Cloud Retainer from the air as she flew away.

"Goodbye." I replied.

Mountain shaper's abode

Paimon and I headed towards Mt. Hulao.

"So much cor lapis on this mountain!" Yelled Paimon, "Look at that huge big one! I wonder if it traps animals or monsters?"

"Probably both, and even people," I answered.

"Mountain Shaper sure knows how to deal with some visitors." Comments Paimon.

"We're almost there, just a few more steps," I replied as we mined some cor lapis.

I also fought some of the monsters that were trapped in the huge cor lapis and hunted some animals in there too.

"We're here," I replied.

"That was a long climb!" Sighed Paimon.

"Indeed." I sighed as we sat at one of the pavilions of the mountain.

After finishing resting, we walked up to the abode door.

"Who goes here?" Asked a male voice.

"Adeptus Mountain Shaper, I come here to bring you the news regarding the Great Rex Lapis's ceremony." I began as I showed my golden invitation sigil.

"What news do you bring?" Asked a huge bronze and brown crane, as he flew down from a rock.

"Rex Lapis has been assassinated during the ceremony today," I replied.

"Impossible!" Yelled Mountain Shaper.

"He collapsed during the Rite of Descension ceremony," I explained.

"If what you tell is no lie, then I must see myself and you have my blessing." Replied Mountain Shaper as he left.

After exiting the mountain, it was almost evening.

"Let's go to Wangshu Inn now." I sighed as Paimon followed me.

"Alright!" Replied Paimon.