Xiangling in Springvale

We were far from Monstadt city now, almost out of Springvale.

"Hey traveler! Would you like to try my newest dish!" Called out a black haired girl with a braid.

"Sure." I shrugged as I walked over.

"We could use a meal." Replied Paimon.

"You're always hungry Paimon." I chuckled as we sat down with her.

"I'm Xiangling by the way!" Replied the girl, reaching her hand out.

"Cool, I'm Y/N." I replied as I shook her hand.

"Try my latest slime dish!" Goes Xiangling as she placed a plate of fancy but strange looking dish in front of us.

"Slime?!" Shrieked Paimon a little, backing away in the air.

"It's good trust me!" Replied Xiangling, looking at us hopefully.

"Alright, I'll try it." I replied nervously as I took a sample.

The food surprisingly tasted delicious.

"Woah, what ingredients do you use?" I asked, staring at the food.

"It's a secret." Winked Xiangling, "but since you were the first person who tasted it, I'll give you the recipe I just came up with after we get to camp." She replied.

"I have to be at Liyue soon, the Right if Descension..." I replied, about to refuse.

"Don't worry, I'm heading there too after my cooking competition with Brooke! I could really use an assistant like you." She replied, looking at Paimon and me.

"Alright sure." I replied as I followed her into the Springvale village.

"Great!" Jumped up Xiangling.

"More food!" Yelled Paimon happily.

"Hey, I was wondering, is she your emergency food?" Asked Xiangling, turning around and pointing at the fairy with her spear.

"Paimon's Not Emergency Food!" Yelled Paimon angrily as she stomped in the air.

"You could become an ingredient." Smirked Xiangling at the fairy.

"NO! No! No!" Yelled Paimon angrily as she flew around trying to hit Xiangling with her little arms.

"Alright, I'm just kidding." Laughed Xiangling.

I didn't reply and just kept laughing.

"Hey Y/N it's not funny!" Yelled Paimon, trying to get me to help her.

"It is!" I laughed as we walked into the village.

"Alright everyone, here's my assistant Y/N!" Greeted Xiangling towards Brooke.

"The traveler! I heard about you in Monstadt city!" Replied Brook, shaking hands with me,

"Traveler, welcome to the cooking competition and good luck." Replied Olaf.

The cooking competition began.

Brooke prepared her signature steak dish while Xiangling ordered Paimon and me to fetch her some exotic ingredients like slime and some flowers.

After defeating a few cryo slimes, we brought the slime ingredients to Xiangling.

"Smells good." Goes Paimon.

Xiangling nodded as she began to stir the soup.

"It will be called New Qingce steak!" Declared Xiangling.

Paimon and I were also judging along with the Springvale citizens.

"Dinner is served!" Called both of the professional cooks.

I nodded and went to try Brooke's honey roast steak, and then Xiangling's exotic dish.

"So what do you think?" Asked Xiangling, batting her eyelashes at Paimon and me.

"They're both really delicious." I replied, amazed after I finished trying them each.

Draffus who was also trying the dishes was also amazed by the intricate taste.

A little pink haired girl ate the dish gently and smiled happily.

"Is that a little cat girl?" Asked Paimon.

"I don't know." I replied before reaching for another piece of the dish.

"Whose a cat?! Never seen Katzlan people?!" Hissed the little pink haired girl.

"Sorry about my daughter, Diona." Replied Draff, scratching his cat ears.

"Interesting, I guess the world of Teyvat has all sorts of beings." I noticed, looking at Draffus, then Diona.

"Ah yes, people here in Monstadt usually don't pay attention to our ears or tail, they just treat us like normal humans." Smiled Draff.

"That's good to hear." I replied.

"Anyways, both dishes are really good, however since I must declare a winner," began Draffus, "and the winner is: Xiangling!" Smiled Draffys, giving Xiangling a prize.

"Thank you!" Replied Xiangling, she then shook hands with Draff and even Brooke.

"You both cooked really well and cook better than me!" I replied as I congradulated them both.

"Yes, Brooke cooks really well too." Smiled Xiangling.

"Hope we can do this cook off again soon!" Smiled Brooke as she nodded.

"I wish people paid attention to food more than alcohol!" Replied Diona, glaring as she saw Draff reached for wine to pair with the dishes.

Brooke, Xiangling, Paimon, and I all laughed.

Even Draff laughed.

"Thank you all for attending the cook-off, and I hope to see you two youngsters soon." Smiled Draff.

"Will do sir!" Smiled Xiangling.

"Come visit and play often!" Called Diona as she waved at Xiangling, Paimon and me.