Meeting Xiao again

The untamed ost ~ Xiao zhan and Yibo

Y/N's pov

That evening

After a long day spent on comissions, I returned towards Wangshu Inn.

"Hey what's going on over there?" Asked Paimon, looking at the hilichurl that hard a dark, smoky and shadowy aura around it.

"I have no idea." I replied.

"Please help us!" Pleaded a girl and two men as they looked fearfully at the strange looking hilichurls.

"Alright." Nodded a guy that looked like an exorcist with some kind of Li Yue mask.

"What's he doing?" I asked the girl.

"He's helping us exorcise the demons." Replied the girl.

"Okay." I replied as I looked at how hard this guy was trying to exorcise them.

However, oddly it didn't quite work as the hilichurls continued clawing towards him.

"Huh? It's not working?" Asked the civilians, they then ran away in fright.

"It looks like I need to uhm, re-work my strategy." Replied the man with the huge mask.

I then took out my sword and slashed at the hilichurls, successfully defeating them.

"Thank you traveler for helping my people." Nodded the man.

"Is he really an Adeptus?" Whispered Paimon.

"Nope." I whispered back as we approached him.

"See you around traveler." Nodded the masked man as he left.

After he ran off, I looked around.

Hilichurls were beginning to slowly surround us. They all had dark smoke emitting out of their bodies.

"So many." I replied as I took out Dawnbreaker.

Right after I defeated three hilichurls, I heard the wind behind me pick up as someone flew from behind me and drove their polearm through the fourth hilichurl.

The mitachurl in front of me, but the boy in the Yaksha mask zoomed in front of me and drove his jade spear through the huge monster.

"Woah." I commented.

"Is that Xiao?" Asked Paimon.

"Probably." I replied as I sent the shadowed hilichurls into the air.

"You two again." Replied Xiao as he landed neatly behind us, "apologize for the negative energy, mainly caused by me." Sighed the adeptus.

"It's alright, what happened to these monsters anyways?" I asked.

"Negative energy and karmic debts." Replied Xiao.

"We did read some history books about the Liyue Adepti and the Five Yakshas." I replied, realizing the term.

"Those make belief fanfictions mortals write about us." Replied Xiao, looking rather annoyed, "not everything they write is true." He sighed.

"I see." I replied, face heating up a little.

"I know just where the main source of negative energy source is." Replied Xiao as he dissappeared in a cloud if jade smoke.

"Should we go after him?" Asked Paimon.

"Why not." I shrugged.

We managed to catch up to Xiao, who was in front of a cave like entrance.

"You don't have to follow me you know." Replied Xiao, staring at us with his golden amber eyes.

"We just wanted to help." I replied.

"Fine, prepare yourselves." Replied Xiao as he waited for us by the dark cave.

We entered the cave, it was dark and filled with monsters to the brim

It was way more scarier and eerie than the temples I visited back in Monstadt.

Even Dvalin's nest wasn't this bad!

"So many monsters." I whispered as I followed Xiao.

"Don't let the demons or the monsters get to you." Warned Xiao.

I nodded and continued to follow him.

We activated the Adeptus bridge and crossed over.

I readied Dawnbreaker. Xiao had already took out his polearm. He placed on his Yaksha mask right away and got to work.

There were waves of shadowed demonic hilichurls, also mitachurls, even a Fatui knife agent somehow ended up here.

"Evil Conquering!" Yelled Xiao as he attacked the monsters.

"Dissappear!" Snarled Xiao as he sent primodoral jade spears raining down onto a Mitachurl.

I tried not to jump at his sudden fierceness and continued battling the hilichurls and helping him.

"Useless!" Snarled Xiao as he killed another hilichurl.

I sent another hilichurl flying with my wind cycle.

"Cry!" Snarled Xiao as he fought the fatui knife agent.

He fights and defeats enemies so fast like the speed of wind. Is it just me or he's faster than Venti when fighting?

Hey how come this guy wasn't the Anemo archon?