Jolie (xXOneMoreChapterXx)

"Jolie?" Jolie looked up at her adoptive father, Bronte. "Yes, dad?" She asked, knowing the question would likely be the typical 'how was your day at school'. And she was right, "How was your first day back? Good?" There was a glimpse of worry in his eyes. "It was great." She lied. "Did you meet anyone new?" Bronte asked. Jolie sighed and looked at the ceiling, "Yeah. A girl named Hana. She was nice....And then there was Yuna" She said the word 'Yuna' like she was saying 'Dead bug'. Because Yuna, Yuna was everything she wasn't. Pretty, smart, funny, perfect. And then there was Aiden... Aiden, who had hugged her last year, telling her everything would be fine. Aiden, who hadn't been scared of her abilities. Aiden, who had a crush on Yuna, just like all the other boys did.. *Jolie choked back a sob, turning away from everyone, leaning against the wall. "Jolie?" A boy's voice had said. Jolie quickly wiped the tears off her face and turned to face him, putting on a fake smile. "Aiden, you surprised me," Aiden lowered his voice, "You don't have to pretend. I know.." But he didn't say anything more. He just hugged her tightly, and Jolie hugged him back, without worrying she would hurt him. "Thank you," She whispered, pulling away. "Anytime," He said. It made Jolie feel happy that at least around her, he let down his mask, his darkness and secrets. But he would never like her the way she liked him. 

"I hate her with a burning passion," She muttered under her breath. "Who do you hate?" Bronte asked, looking quizzically at her. "No one," She lied once more. "Well, good night, Jol." Bronte said, hugging her tightly. Jolie breathed in his scent- of pine and spices and winter. "Night, dad." Jolie said. But it was also a lie. She had no plan of going to sleep. Once he had shut the door behind him, Jolie pushed her lavender silk blanket off her and tiptoed across the plush silvery carpet to the tall window, and climbed into the window seat. She stood on her tiptoes (even at 13, she was very short) and unlatched the lock, letting a cold breeze of air flood into her lavender and silver room. She looked down. The drop was at least six feet. But she was certain she could do it. Looking behind her, she carefully mustered up the concentration to levitate.

 Then she jumped. Closing the distance between her and the ground, she slowly lowered herself into a silver tree. Staring up at the stars, Jolie could practically feel her heat, begging her to give in... "No," She told herself sternly. No! The stars echoed back at her.

"If only.." She muttered, "Wishes came true,"

Thanks so much @xXOneMoreChapterXx for this super good chapter! 

Do you guys ship Jaiden? Or Yaiden? Also are you mad at any characters? Any Rants? Share your thoughts!!!!