Hydra (@8gtberry)

When I finally got home everyone was awake. "Your ok!" Said Linh, wrapping me in a warm embrace. "I wouldn't say that." I mutter. On Sunday we have a pretty mellow day, eating mallowmelt and binging tv. On Monday I decide to just wear my uniform. When I get to school I see Caden. I expect it to be awkward but instead he just waves and smiles. At my confusion he says, "We can just forget about the sleepover, it didn't mean anything." I nod slowly, having mixed feelings. Jolie walks by and gives a guilty look when she see's Caden. "I better get to class." I say slowly, pointing away. I quickly stumble over to training where Ocean waits for me. "How are you doing?" I ask. She's wearing a cropped orange hoodie and jeans. "Not great." She mumbles. "Where are you staying?" I ask. "Astrids." Says Ocean. She picks at an invisible piece of lint on her sweatshirt. "At least you kissed Caden." I say. The words tumble out of my mouth in an attempt to comfort Ocean.

"What do you mean?" She says slowly. "I-well-don't you, you know, like him?" I say. She flushes. "It doesn't matter, i'd prefer not to think about the sleepover." Says Ocean. I feel embarrassed. I've been so caught up with being jealous of Ocean that I almost forgot that she was a human with feelings to. "Hey, your always welcome at home." I say warmly. She smiles.