Emmie (@Emmie_SkyHeart)

A week from the start of Foxfire, I was on my bed reading a book when a sudden thought hit me. Am I going to be talentless? If I did manifest, what would my ability be? I really wanted to be a Hydrokinetic like my mom, since I'd always been afraid of fire ever since I burned myself when I was 9. Then suddenly, I just started feeling... hot. "Mom?" I called, walking downstairs. "My head hurts." "Looks like you have a fever." she said, checking my temperature with the back of her hand. "Go lie down for a while." I nodded and headed towards the couch. A few minutes passed, and Will came back from who knows where. "Emmie! Are you okay?" my twin asked, rushing over to me. I coughed a little. "I'm fine." Over the next few hours, I just stayed on the couch. I fell asleep around 10, but that was when I felt it. Fire. It was all around me, even on my skin, so I screamed, desperately wanting it to go out. And then it did. Wait, did I do that? "Emmie? What's wrong?" my dad asked, bolting down the stairs. Behind him was my mom, sisters, and brother. I looked up at them, tears in my eyes. "I-I think I just manifested." "You did? That's awesome!" Molly squealed. I looked down, a tear falling down my cheek. "No, it's not. It's anything but awesome." "Well, what did you manifest as?" dad asked. 

"Pyrokinetic." I whispered. "Oh." Hydra breathed, knowing my fear of fire. My whole family did, and another tear fell. Will sat down next to me, wiping the tear away. He may have a tough shell, but inside, he was sweeter than Mallowmelt. "At least you manifested." "Yeah, at least I manifested as the one thing I'm afraid of." I muttered, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "Oh honey." mom said, sitting down on my other side. "I used to fear my ability as well-" "You feared your ABILITY. I fear what my ability allows me to DO!" I pointed at each of my siblings. "None of YOU have to live with that!" I might've gotten too angry because the fire started again, engulfing me in flames.

I screamed, covering my face with my hands. Please go away, please go away! The next thing I knew, the fire was gone and I was drenched in water. "Sorry." my mom apologized. She pulled her arms back, taking the moisture out of my hair and clothes. I stared at my hands. My own two hands that had almost hurt my family. My dad took them into his and smiled at me. "Tomorrow we'll take you to a few other Pyrokinetics and see if they can help you." I nodded, my voice unable to work. "In the meantime, just try to sleep. I think it's best if you sleep down here tonight, since you share a room with Will." my mom said. I nodded again. "Goodnight." Hydra and Molly whispered, giving me a hug. They went back upstairs with my parents, and I turned to Will, who was still sitting beside me. He hugged me tightly. "Goodnight." 

After he disappeared up the stairs, I wrapped myself in a blanket and sighed. Why? Just why? Why did I have to be a Pyrokinetic? My tears broke free and I cried myself to sleep. ~ "Emmie! Time to go!" "Coming!" I yelled, checking my reflection in the mirror once again and running downstairs. My dad had a meeting with some other Emissaries, so I was going with my mom. "Are you ready?" she asked. I sighed. "As I'll ever be." Mom smiled. "First up, my friend Marella Redek." ~ "Linh! I haven't seen you in forever! What are you doing here?" "Hey Marella! Well actually, Emmie here manifested Pyrokinesis last night." "Really? Well, come on in!" My mom and I stepped inside the house, and as soon as we did I heard a scream of "Loli! Give it back!" A girl and a boy ran down the stairs, and I realized that the boy was Ignis, an old classmate of mine, and another girl who I assumed was his little sister. "Oh hi, Emmie." "Hey." The girl narrowed her eyes but held out her hand. "Loli." "Emmie." "Come with me." Marella said, leading us into the backyard. "So, do you need help training your ability?" "Actually I'm... scared of it." I mumbled.

Her confident smile faltered a little. "That may be a problem. To master Pyrokinesis, you have to embrace the power and make sure you don't let it take control of you. Like so." she started swishing her arms around, creating a fire that swirled around her. I stepped back a little, still afraid of it. The flames grew closer and closer, and right when it came too close to me, I screamed. Marella stopped, and my mom took out the fire. "Looks like Marella isn't the right fit for you. Let's try someone else." We went house after house after house, looking for a fitting pyrokinetic. The sun was starting to set as my mom checked the list again. "Next up, Jolie (Idk her last name)!" We arrived at Councilor Bronte's estate. "Oh hello, Mrs. (Uh Vacker or Song?)." "Hi! We're here to speak with Jolie." "Come in, then. Jolie! You have visitors!" A girl with blonde hair came downstairs. "Hi! I'm Jolie (Last name?)." "I'm Emmie (Again, Vacker or Song? I'm guessing it's Vacker). So, uh... I need some help with pyrokinesis." "Oh, okay! Follow me." We went out into the the yard. After I explained my dilemma to Jolie, she responded, "I actually used to be afraid of fire to. When I found out how my mom died, I wanted nothing to do with it. My mentor taught me to go slow at first, and it really helped." I smiled at this. "Here's a little trick I learned. If you're afraid of the fire getting out of control, then there's an easy way to take it out. Like this." She showed me a few moves, and I copied her, for once unafraid to use my new ability. We spent the rest of the night practicing, and as the sun disappeared, I was actually enjoying it. "Looks like you've found the right person." my mom said, smiling. I smiled as well. "Yeah, I think so." Jolie laughed. "You can come over tomorrow, and we can practice more if you'd like." "Sure!" As I climbed into bed, there was a smile on my face. And for once, I wasn't afraid of the fire.

Great chapter Emmie_SkyHeart!!!! - 8gtberry ✌️