Chiara (@8gtberry)

After leaving school early, and chatting with Livvy, my best friend,  I head home and finish my homework. After I finish I sigh and jolt when I hear the door open. "Zarina." I hear Sophie say. The Sophie Foster is in my home! I quietly slip out of my chair and press my ear to the wall. "Foster." I hear my mother say in a cold voice. A chair scrapes and then the conversation begins. "So the gene spread, how long ago?" Says Zarina "18 years." Says Sophie. "And the gene to destroy it, who do you think it's in?" Said Zarina. "You might have heard of her, she's in your daughters level, Yuna." 

I bite my lip holding back a gasp. "If the Neverseen spreads the new gene, people with multiple abilities could lose some if not all of their abilities." I can't hold it in this time. I gasp loudly and Sophie bends around the corner. She see's me and her eye's widen. "She can't know, this is classified Black Swan business!!" Sophie shrieks. I back up a little as my moms expression goes dangerous. "Chiara." She says, her voice soft and dangerous. "Ma..? W-what gene? What do y-you mean about losing abili-" Before I can finish Zarina pins me to the wall.

"Ma!!" I shout, wriggling in her grip. Sophie looks pained but she steps out of the room. Minutes later a man in a black uniform walks in. "Don't worry, this won't hurt." Zarina says. I scream but the man silences me, putting his fingers on my temples. There gonna wipe my mind.

I wiggle in distress, pleading at Sophie and Zarina. "Please ma, I won't tell anyone! Sophie, let me go I swear-" The man slaps shoves a dagger to my throat, pressing it. Zarina's face goes pale. "Ma please, PLEASE HELP!!!!" I yell as tears leak out of my eye's.

P-please!" I choke out. Then my body goes warm. It feels like some sort of liquid being poured into every crevice and corner. Then it burns. I scream as the pain radiates until I collapse.

2 hours later

I rub my head and stand up. Zarina is standing above my bed. "Ma? W-what happened?" I yawn and stretch my arms. "Nothing dear, you just had a nap after your homework." Zarina's voice has the slightest quiver. A shiver goes up my back. I turn back to my bed. When I see the slightest drop of blood on my bed, my body freezes.