Ocean (@8gtberry)

After school I walk up to Caden. "I hope we can be partners next time." I say. He gives a small smile. "How was your day? Today during alchemy I was paired with Noctem and she totally exploded our experiment. I got covered in goo!" Caden laughs and I grins. Aiden shoves past us and I gasp. "Hey! Just because your mad at Caden doesn't mean you can treat his friends like crap as well. Aiden turns. "Oh, your hanging out with another one of your girlfriends. Don't let Jolie know." He stalks off. Caden flush's. "S-sorry, ignore him." "Its fine." I say. We stand in silence for a moment. "Well i'll see you later miss comeback." He grins and walks away.

I smile. A nickname. Before I explode with joy I catch up with Star, Avery, and Astrid. "Wanna have a sleepover with us before the big slumber party? Just the gals?" I say. Astrid nods, but I notice she's nervous. As we walk I ask her about it. "Whats wrong?" I ask her. "Cara sat next to Ace." She says. "Don't worry. Try to get close to him during Committee and lunch. Do you have any periods together thats not with Cara?" I ask. "I have P.E. with him but Cara's there." Astrid sulks. "He's gonna be at the slumber party, lets get you an outfit to impress him!" Says Star. "And for Axel and Caden!" Says Avery. I blush. 

"Hows Axel going by the way." I say. Star twirls her hair around her finger. "I caught him in the hall and complimented him. I also said a joke." "Perfect. Tomorrow at the sleepover greet him with a teasing joke." I say. Star nods eagerly. "Any girl caught your eye?" I ask to Avery. She flushes. "Not really." Says Avery. "You like girls?" Says Astrid. Avery nods. "Cool!" She says.