Avery (@anorah33)

Once I had pushed Will towards Ivy I had walked away. I knew that they would be fine, if not a little awkward. And dances aren't really my thing, so I walked outside to where I knew there would be a good place to hide out for a while. But to my surprise I found a girl crying there. I take after my Dad in the 'not really knowing how to comfort people' thing. So I did the one reasonable thing to do in my situation. I walked the other way. But of course they heard me, which then lead to them seeing me, which then lead to them asking me who I was. And I know I sound mean but the one thing I wanted to do in that moment was to run as far away as I could. But I turned around and told her my name. "I'm Emery." The girl told me with a sad smile. "Well, Emery. What are you doing over here? Crying." I asked her, cringing at myself. I sounded like I was talking to a three year old kid who had just lost their favorite toy. Not a extremely beautiful girl who was probably fifteen. "I just. My date cancelled." She told me wiping her eyes. For some reason I was disappointed. 'Of course she had a date what did you expect' I thought to myself. "Well he's a very stupid guy to do that." I said having new found confidence. But somewhere in the back of my mind I was telling myself it wasn't a guy. "Oh...uh. It was actually a girl." Emery told me with a tentative smile as if afraid I would run away. "Really!" I shouted surprised. I had heard the humans say that people in the LGBTQ+ community knew who was in it and who wasn't, but I had never met anyone in the Lost Cities who was Queer too. I quickly realized that she probably thought I was against it so I quickly told her I was lesbian too. We started talking and soon became good friends. Although I wanted it to be more.

Good chap!!! I like the LGBTQ you added :)