Emmie (@Emmie_SkyHeart)

"Em! Wake up! Foxfire starts in 30 minutes!" I groaned sleepily and tumbled out of bed as Molly shook me awake. I was still sleepy as I didn't get much sleep after the sleepovers. I really hate Monday mornings. I took a shower, dried my hair, and opened my closet. It usually took me forever to find the right clothes... In the end, I decided on a casual but cute outfit: a black crop top with a silver rose embroidered in it and jean shorts. I also picked out matching silver earrings and a ring. I sat down at my vanity to start on my hair and make up. 

I pulled my hair into a side braid with a silver pin for a touch of fancy. I added a bit of eyeliner and lipstick as well. "Emmie! 10 minutes!" "Coming!" I yelled back, checking my reflection one last time. --- At Foxfire, I hurried to class, my stylish heeled black boots clicking on the tile floor. "Hey guys," I waved to Noctem, Axel, Caden, and Ari, who were also in the class. "I love your outfit Emmie," Noctem complimented as I sat down beside her. "Thanks." Soon, I was having a conversation about fashion with her. I remembered back to the times when Noctem and I were little. We hung out so much, but started to drift apart. I was glad to be able to talk with her again. The bell rang, and our Universe teacher began to explain a group project we would be working on. It was groups of two, and we were allowed to choose our partner. I was still thinking about the project when a voice behind me asked, "Hey, Emmie. Want to be partners?" It was Axel. "Umm..." I was pretty sure that Noctem liked Axel and wanted to be partners with him... but I also didn't want to be rude. "Yeah, sure." I could feel Noctem's stinging gaze on me as Axel pulled over a chair to my desk. --- After The Universe was over, I walked to study hall, clutching my books in a white knuckled fist. Did I just ruin my friendship with Noctem?

I sat down at a table alone, twirling my braid absentmindedly. Neil was absent today, my sisters were with their friends, Will was with Ivy, and Liv and Ara weren't here yet. Suddenly, a hand slammed down on the table, making me look up. "Admit it. You like Axel, don't you?" Noctem demanded. I almost laughed. "What? Obviously not." "I know you do," she glared at me with her cold ice blue eyes. "Stay. Away. From. Axel." I stood up, slamming my hands down on the table. I try to control myself, but my bad temper (inherited from my dad) gets the best of me sometimes. "I don't like him, seriously. Axel was the one who asked to be partners, not the other way around. So you can continue to accuse me for something that's not true. And even if I did like him, you would be threatening me for FEELING something. But of course, I can't blame you for being the selfish brat you are." "You... you little jerk!" Noctem fumed. Suddenly, my feet shot off the ground, shooting up towards the high ceiling. I unleashed a scream that I was pretty sure the entire world heard. I tried in vain to fight the invisible force, but I knew how talented Noctem was at telekinesis. Something was happening to me... although the air was cool, my head throbbed as a bead of sweat trickled down my temple. I shook my head, scolding myself. Focus, Em. I whispered commands to the silvers of heat around me, and purplish-blue flames erupted from the ground around Noctem, making her scream. Her telekinesis broke, and I dropped to the ground, my vision blurry and head about to explode. I braced for the fall... But it never came. A pair of strong arms caught me before I hit the ground. I opened my eyes slowly, unsure if I was dead or not. A cute boy's face appeared, smiling down on me. The next few moments were a blur, and my head made it so much harder to concentrate. But I could my heart pounding in my ears as someone carried me out of the room. Then all I saw was darkness.