Hydra (8gtberry)

After the valentines day ball, I ran home and threw my fancy flats off. I sat on my bed, my tule skirt puffing up. All I could think about was Ocean and Caden dancing and flirting. I quickly change into a soft blue night gown and creep out of my room. Emmie and Will are in bed and Molly is reading a book. I walk past her and into my parents room. Fitz is in the bathroom and Linh is looking out the window, her dreamy eye's sad. "Whats wrong mama?" I ask. Linh smiles at me and puts an arm around my shoulder, running her fingers through my hair like a lullaby. "Just thinking about when I was around your age." Said Linh. Linh always tends to think about her adventure's with Sophie and everyone. 

"You never would have met dad if you hadn't talked to Sophie, right ma?" I say. "Right." Linh says. I smile and pull out of her embrace, walking back to my room. I fall straight asleep when my head hit the pillows, rid of all nightmares. In the morning I got ready for school and shove breakfast into my mouth, rushing out the door with Molly, Will, and Emmie on my heels. When I get to class I realize that today we will be working with the level 2's. Ocean, Star, and Avery sit together, gossiping. I notice them glancing at Caden and my stomach begins to her. I take a deep breath and sink down into my seat. Molly, Will, and Emmie sit with me. Emmie gives me a knowing smile and glances at Caden. I flush. 

Yuna sits down with Cara, and Daffy. The teacher explains that we will be practicing battling and I immediately begin to stress. When the teacher tells us to partner up, my eye's lock with Cadens but before he can ask me, Star speaks at the top of her voice. "I have to partner with Avery, sorry Ocean, I'm sure someone will want to partner with you."  She glances at Caden. Caden turns towards Ocean and asks her to partner. I curse in my head and try to refrain from slapping someone. I love my cousins but today they are getting on my nerves. Emmie partners with me and Will partners with Ivy. Molly looks around the classroom but Leah taps her on the shoulder. "Now everyone, battle your partner." The teacher says. I get in stance in front of Emmie. Emmie has been working with Jolie really hard and immediately sends tiny rings of fire out of her pinky's. I swish my hand and a current of water rises from the ground. The fire disintegrates but the water grows bigger and bigger. I have the same problem as Linh but a bit better. The easy moves were fine but the hard moves were hard to control.

 The water swirls higher and higher, grazing the ceiling. And then it crashed. A Psionpath had luckily acted fast and built a forcefield but it didn't protect me. I went under. Everything felt slow motion and I felt myself being flung against the force field. It zaps against my skin before the water funnels down, disappearing. The force field flickers out. Everyone freeze's for a second before going back into battle. I bend over and cough, grateful that Emmie is giving me a few moments to regain my breath. I notice Caden and Ocean battling. Caden sends flame at Ocean and she puts it out before fling water spears at him. They battle in a teasing way that annoys me. Before I can get any more peeved (If thats possible) Emmie surrounds me in a wall of flame. The flames flicker up and down almost mesmerizingly. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. I stumble back and feel agonizing warmth brush my arm. I shriek and douse it in water. My arm has a thick burn on it. I clasp my head in my hands, feeling the fire circle closer and closer. Smoke clogs my throat. "Emmie...Emmie stop..." But she can't hear me. I crawl on my hands and knee's, coughing. Tears pour out of my cheeks and I stand. I throw my arms out and water pours out of them. The fire turns to smoke and when I open my eye's the whole class is soaking wet. I slowly put my hands down, noting the enraged faces of most of my classmates. Annabel walks up to me, her gold hair stuck to her skin. Her eyeliner runs from the water and the snarl on her face is like a tiger who has been bested by their dinner. She brings her hand up and slaps me on the face. A gasp escapes me and my cheek stings. A bruise forms and the ring on her finger cuts into my cheek, sending a trickle of blood down my face. A sob escapes me and I run from the classroom, far away.