Emmie (Emmie_SkyHeart)

Depressed. That's how I felt. And how I feel usually affects how I dress... I had on a cropped black hoodie with fishnets, short black jeans, and heeled black boots. I'd brushed my lips light red and added a bit of eyeliner and faint silver eyeshadow as well. I was going to the Dizznee's today to get my restricor. Fun. --- A cool breeze blew across my bare stomach and I shivered, pulling up my hood to cover my ears and crossing my arms. Mom rang the doorbell and I crossed my fingers, desperately hoping that Loli and Ignis weren't home. The door finally opened. "Hey, Linh!" "Dex! It's so good to see you!" We went inside and Mom and Uncle Dex talked for a while. I sat there mindlessly on the sofa the whole time, bitting my nails. "Emmie?" my mom finally called. "Come on, Dex is taking us to his office now." I sighed and followed her to my doom. --- An hour later, I stumbled out of the Dizznee house with a silver ring of metal around my head. It was specially designed to that it would only restrict my pyrokinesis and not my voiciferation. "Are you alright?" Mom asked as I stumbled the entire way to the door after leaping home. "Yeah, I'm great, and I feel like throwing a party to celebrate my pain," My mom laughed, "Looks like you inherited my brother's sarcasm." Her eyes twinkled. "And your dad's overflowing anger as well." "No wonder I'm cursed," I grumbled. My head was hurting insanely as stepped into my room with a dreaded thought- I have school tomorrow. Everyone would see me as a dangerous freak and nobody would even want to come near me. I looked down at my hand. Was my pyrokinesis really gone? I snapped. A few small sparks appeared, then disappeared. The blood drained away from my face. My ability was really gone. A tear slid down my cheek as I flew off my bed and upstairs to the Leapmater, almost knocking down Will on the way. "Emmie! Hey, where are you going?" I wasn't listening as I whispered the name of my destination, creating a beam of light, a pathway for escape. --- When the bright light faded away, I could see two towers stretching into the sky, one gold and one silver. That's right. I was a Foxfire. I levitated to the top of the silver tower, my feet touching down gently on the flat, smooth surface. This is where I always came when I was stressed, upset, or had troubles controlling my emotions. The faint breeze and stunning view had always calmed me. But today, things were different. My tears fell like a waterfall as I curled my knees against my chest, wrapping my arms tightly around my legs. I was crying too much lately, and it angered me. "I wish I was stronger," I whispered to myself. "I wish I was just a little braver.""Emmie?" I whirled around and hurriedly woped my tears away, horrified that someone had heard me. It was... Jacob. "What are you doing he- whoa, what's that thing on your head?" That was all I could take. Fresh tears fell from my eyes, the floodgates open once again. "Whoa, hey, hey, hey, don't cry..." I buried my face in my hands and looked away, embarrassed. Jacob inched closer, and soon, he was right next to me, caressing my hair gently. "It's alright," he whispered to be softly. "You don't have to say anything." Then he gasped, "Emmie..?" I opened my eyes. Dark blue fire were circling us, moving up and down in slow movements, like a dance. It had an effect that was mesmerizing, yet sad in a way. I reached out my hand, the flames tickling it and nuzzling it like an old friend. "What's going on?" Jacob breathed. I bit my lip, internally debating on if I should tell him or not. I sighed, withdrawing my hand. He would find out sooner or later anyways. I traced my finger over the smooth metal band around my head. "This... is an ability restrictor. My pyrokinesis is too strong and unstable, and now it needs to be controlled. I know you think I'm a total weirdo now and want to get as far away from me as possible-" "No, not at all," Jacob interrupted. "I actually think it's pretty cool." I stared art him for a second. "Are you for real?" "Yeah, and you're not a weirdo. You're actually really nice and pretty and amazing." "Pretty?" I scoffed. "'Pretty' doesn't describle me at all. Just look at my siblings: Hydra has enviable straight, dark hair and Molly has those teal eyes that everyone wants-" "Your eyes are pretty too. Your every feature is. If anyone says they're not pretty, screw them." Jacob grinned. "But you'll never know how beautiful you are in my eyes." "I..." "My heartbeat was thumping so loudly that I was sure Jacob could hear it. Suddenly, as if everything was in slow motion, Jacob leaned in... closer... closer... Thump-Thump. Our lips met. His lips were soft and sweet, perfect in every way. The flames around us turned pink and danced happily. "These flames... they're reflicting my emotions," I realized. Then I drew away from Jacob, my cheeks red and out of breath. --- I snuck up to my room, careful not to make a sound. I reached the room Will and I shared and flicked the light on- "Where were you?" I yelped with surprise, jumping about a foot into the air. Will was standing right there with his arms crossed, staring at me suspiciously. "My gosh, Will, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" My brother stood up and walked around me in a slow circle, inspecting me closely. "Why is your lipstick smudged?" he asked suspiciously. "And why are your cheeks red?" "None of your business," I muttered, wiping at my lipstick with my sleeve. "Did something happen between you and a boy?" I froze. "W-what? That's r-ridiculous, don't be absurd." "So I'm right?" "...No." "Who's the guy?" "There is no guy, Will!""You're lying and we both know it." I sighed. "Fine, there's a guy, just don't tell anyone. Please? It's hard enough that I'll have to be an ability restrictor wearing freak at school tomorrow." "Alright. Go to sleep now, it's late." I grinned silently as Will turned around to turn the lights off. Thank goodness.