Mina and Yuna (8gtberry & @swan_and_moonlark)

Yuna picked at the loose hairs of her unraveling braid as Ignis, Livvy, Molly and Lea started to discuss power points for their project. "We should definitely discuss how Moon has magic powers from her horn." Molly said. Lea agreed and started jotting down notes. Yuna offered Mina a friendly smile. Mina had just been transferred to their study group and looked equally as uncomfortable as Yuna felt.

"So... what exactly are we supposed to do?" Mina asked.

Yuna shrugged. "I know as much as you."

"Well this is better than my other group. We just stared at each other. I'm pretty sure the person who got us split up did it on purpose." Mina told Yuna.

Yuna smirked. "Well I wish I could do that with only Annabelle leaving. Oh wait! She can't because she's not part of our group, though she's over here all the time!"

"What was that?" Annabelle asked, leaning forward.

"Nothing, we're just talking about how totally amazing you are!" Mina replied, with a sweet smile and her voice dripping with sarcasm.

To Yuna she whispered, "Wow she really is the Stina of our generation. Hopefully Annabelle will grow out of it like Stina did."

Yuna giggled. "I have a question for you. You've sat with us at lunch every day but Hydra has to lead you there because you always head for the table you used to sit at. Why?"

Mina thought about this for a second and shrugged. "Reflex?" Yuna did not seem satisfied with this answer.

"Have you seen Daffy? I haven't seen her all day." Yuna told her.

Mina frowned. "Neither have I."

The bells chimed their intricate melody and Mina stood up.

"See you at lunch." she said.

"Bye," Yuna replied, feeling a knot in her stomach tighten. Where was Daffy?

***

Mina walked towards the cafeteria, searching her fellow students' faces for Daffy. Someone tapped her on the shoulder, nearly scaring her to death.

"Gosh Hydra, you scared me!" Mina yelped, clutching her racing heart.

"Sorry, I was just coming in early to escort you to the table. You always head for your old table, you know that right?" She told Mina.

"Sorry I guess I'm just used to it." Mina explained.

"Oh! Well, we can sit there if you want." Hydra decided.

Mina laughed. "I doubt our entire table group would move just for me."

"Who said anything about our entire table group?" Hydra wondered.

Mina blinked. She wasn't sure where her friend was going with this. "You mean... only you and me sitting there? You would do that?"

Hydra shrugged. "If you want. You're my friend."

Mina smiled. "Thanks."

Hydra returned her grin. "No problem."