Caden (@8gtberry)

Our Foster sister came the day after the house burned down. I didn't mention her because she gets home really late and leaves early, because of her tutor. She's starting Foxfire this year so I'll see her more. She's a year older than me and two years younger than Aiden. The next day, a Thursday is Paisleys first day. "So, the girls in your year are the triplets, Ocean, Star, and Avery, Noctem, Emmie, and Lea. Warning, stay away from Lea. Ocean, Star, and Avery are nice, though they like to play cupid, Noctem's nice and Emmie's Hydra's sister." I say. "Is Hydra the girl who took us in?" Paisley arrived in the night and had to sleep on the couch.

"Yeah." I say. As we walk in Aiden separates himself from us and goes with his friends. "Whats up with him?" Asks Paisley. "Probably the fact that I burnt the house down." I mutter. I notice Jolie, Aidens "friend" who I think he likes walk over to him. He flinches when she gets close and she shrinks away. I feel my rage sputter again. Jolie's a pyrokinetic. He's scared of her. And me. 

I walk Paisley over to her first lesson. "We'll talk at lunch ok?" She nods and I leave her to fend for herself. As I'm walking away I see Ocean running to her lesson. She's wearing a dark blue oversized hoodie and jeans. Her hair is in glossy waves with makeup. She looks gorgeous. I stop myself from staring and walk up to her. 

"Hey, Ocean? Can you please look after my sister? Her names Paisley." "You have a sister?" She asks. "Foster sister." I say. "Of course!" She says and smiles at me. I give her a grateful smile and rush past. At lunch I sit down at a table with Paisley. Star, Avery, and Ocean join, along with Hydra, Yuna, Jolie, Daffy, and Cara. "You don't mind sitting with us girls right?" Ocean jokes. I realize I'm sitting at an all girls table and crack a grin. "So, who have you met?" I ask, munching on pink fluff. "I met the triplets, a little bit much but nice." Paisley picks at her food. "Anyone else?" I ask. "Emmie seems nice and Noctem seems cool as well." Says Paisley. "Astrid, come sit with us!" Yells Star. Astrid, some girl sits down. "H-hi its my fourth day here." Says Astrid. "Its my first day." Says Paisley. Immediately the girls start chatting and I almost don't hear the whistle.

I turn around and see a table with Austin, Ace, Axel, Annabel, Ignis, Damian, Neil, and Lea. Austin whistles when Daffy sits down, after grabbing a napkin. She turns bright red and starts chatting with Cara. The boys start joking around and Neil yells "I love you Emmie!!!!" Everyone turns and the boys burst into laughter. Annabel and Lea don't look so amused. "I think their playing truth or dare." I laugh. We all laugh and eat while the boys make a fool of themselves.