Jolie (xXOneMoreChapterXx)

Jolie was alone. At least, that's what it felt like. She walked to the cafeteria silently, not bothering to wave at her few friends. As she passed Aiden, she saw Caden wasn't sitting by him. Weird. Jolie thought as she sat down in one of the unoccupied chairs at the far side of the cafeteria. She mindlessly stared at her lushberry juice, stirring it with her straw (it was metal- Bronte had bought it for her). She felt so empty. And Aiden...well, she didn't want to think about him. A sort of rage bubbled inside of her whenever she did. She didn't bother eating her lunch- a sparkly-looking pink vegetable- and instead pulled out her homework. 

She was working on Moon Phaes for Universe class when she heard someone say, "Hey." She looked up and saw, shockingly, Caden, "Um, hello?" she said cautiously. Caden gave her a grin and asked, "You okay if I sit by you?" Jolie nodded, moving over so he could sit next to her. "You look nice." Caden complimented. Jolie blushed a little bit. Then felt embarrassed for blushing. She was wearing a tulle pale pink dress with an empire waist and an off-shoulder neckline. A smattering of gold glitter covered it. "Thank you." Jolie said. "Why..why aren't you sitting with Aiden?" she asked. Caden's expression turned slightly angry, 

"The way he's been treating you lately...it's not okay. I'm also a Pyrokinetic..so I get it." Jolie stared at him for a moment. He was being so blatantly honest about his feelings...She wished she could be like that with Aiden. "I only re-manifested a couple weeks ago." Jolie said softly. "Everything changed after that." "Yeah. It all changes when the people we love are scared of us, doesn't it?" Caden reached over and for a second Jolie's breath caught. But he just gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I'll talk to him, okay?" "Um, yeah. Thank you." Jolie wasn't sure she wanted him to anymore. It seemed unlikely Aiden would ever understand. Caden looked at the time, "I should probably go.

he said. "Mhm." Jolie said, standing up, "But..would you... do you want to sit with me again tomorrow?" Caden smiled, "I would love that." 

 (YES I JUST MESSED UP ALL THE SHIPS AND THIS IS GOING TO BE A CONFUSING MESS ALSO AHHHHH-)

Lol, ship wars ahead!