Emmie (@Emmie_SkyHeart)

Finally, after an eventful year, tomorrow's the last day of school! ~ I went downstairs late at night to grab a snack. Creak...! I whirled around, alarmed by the noise. Nothing there. I'd only turned one light on so it wasn't that bright. I lit a fire in my hand anxiously. Someone was there, and I could feel it. Suddenly, a sillouette streaked across the wall. Knock-knock-knock. Purple flames seized the air around me and flickered frantically to represent my fear. Who could it be this late at night?I walked towards the front door slowly, the fire following me like a sheild. My cold fingers weapped around the doorknob, and I pulled it open- And there stood a boy a bit older than me, a few inches taller than me, with dark hair, and bright blue eyes as clear as day. It was him. The boy who broke my heart without even knowing or asking for the whole truth, just believing that I didn't love him. My flames started flickering, moving faster, angrier, until they were a bright orange-red. "Emmie, I-" "Save your breath, Neil," I snapped. "If you're just here to blame me again or renounce my genuine feelings for you, then you'd better get out of my sight before I burn you to ashes." "Please listen to me, Emmie..." something rolled down his cheek. A tear? The fire shrunk and my eyes widened with surprise. "I didn't know what was going on," Neil continued. "Dad explained to me what happened today, and I'm so sorry for not understading." "Your dad? How does he-" I stopped. "Your dad... Elwin?" "Yeah," he mumbled. "I'm really sorry. Will you... will you forgive me?" My mind and heart were at war. My mind told me not to forgive him, that he deserved to feel the same pain I did, but my heart said to forgive and forget. But... what about Jacob? If I forgave Neil and started new with him again, then I would have to break the news to Jacob, and I knew he didn't deserve to be hurt like that. But then again, neither did Neil... I turned around, my back facing him as my fire turned blue. "I'm sorry," I whispered. A tear found its way out of my eye. "I...I love someone else." There was silence. When I turned back around, Neil was... gone.