+ 12 +

Finally...the day is done....

Slowly pushing your books down into your backpack once the final bell rings you push your tired body out of your desk, a small frown growing across your cheeks when Minnie follows behind you and joins you down the hallway.

"So Y/N, that new guy sure looks at you with some sparkly eyes."

"Please don't Minnie..."

"Oh come on, I sense some serious chemistry between you and him. You better watch it because he'll try to scoop you up."

"....I don't have time for things like that Minnie."

"Well sure you do, just because you're...Ya know doesn't mean you can't casually date and enjoy your free life."

My life has never been free, I've went from being abused to becoming a mother...Plus....I...I...

"I don't have the time Minnie. Please don't assume something will happen between Shuka and I...he's just really kind."

"You just haven't gotten to know him yet that's all, you guys are a lot alike so I bet in the future something could conspire from it."

I never said I preferred to be like myself...or have people around like myself.

"Y/N-Chan!"

"Good luck!"

Tightening your hands around your backpack straps when Minnie walks away you slowly turn around and give Shuka a sleepy smile, your eyebrows raising when he trips over his own shoes and smacks into a locker.

"Op-"

So clumsy...

"Hi Shuka..."

"I-I was wondering i-if I could walk you outside, I'll c-carry your bag down the stairs for you since I'm sure it's heavy from all those books..."

"Ah...sure...that's fine..."

Dropping your bag off your shoulder so Shuka can hold it the two of you fall in light silence as you very slowly make your way down the stairs, your eyes desperately gazing at the front doors propped open to your freedom.

I'm so ready to go home...

I wonder...Jimin left...he wasn't in class....will he still be there waiting for me?...

"Y-You have a lot of friends Y/N-Chan..."

"A lot of friends?"

"Mhm, everyone talked about you while you were gone....it seemed like everyone missed you."

Missed me...sure.

"I don't have a lot of friends Shuka...I think it's just because I was gone for a little bit."

"Mmm...at my old school I didn't have a lot of friends...I kind of trip over everything...and knock things over...s-so it's hard to keep friends..."

Gazing over at the thin boy you let out a soft giggle and grab your bag from him as the two of you exit the school out into the chilly winter air, your foot kicking a small rock along the sidewalk.

"Well you can be my friend Shuka, mostly I just have Jungkook...and...I guess Minnie."

"Ah...I don't think Jungkook likes me very much...he was the one sitting next to you correct?...."

"It's not that Jungkook doesn't like you...h-he's just a little protective of me..."

"Ah...I see...oh, my car is right out here...d-d-do y-you m-maybe need a ride h-home?...."