+ 65 +

(Jungkook's POV)

"Oh, Jungkook? You're early today."

"Mmm...figured today I would stop by before school...it's a beautiful morning after all."

Raising his hand at the guard sitting at the gate Jungkook patiently waits until the electronic gate creaks open fully, his feet carrying him from the pavement onto the grass with a smile raising on his cheeks.

Maybe since I'm visiting now...I can go visit Jimin and Y/N tonight.

Seeing Y/N's progress brings me a little bit of happiness.

Rounding the same corner around the tree Jungkook follows the little path worn down from years of his feet walking it everyday, his heart growing heavy when he sees the familiar marble headstone come into his sights.

Ah...here's this painful relief...

"Goodmorning Babygirl, I wanted to come visit you early today, I couldn't wait until after school...I hope that doesn't upset you."

Settling his body down amongst the grass the boy presses his back up against the shiny glass-like surface, his head leaning onto the cold stone while his fingers clutch onto the paper bag sitting on his lap.

"I brought you something today, I think you'll like it. I was hoping we could enjoy a meal together this time..."

Pulling the small wrapped food out of the bag Jungkook gently sets it in front of the headstone before pulling out another one, his lip pushing up into a sad smile as he unwraps them both and let's put a deep sigh.

"Y/N, the girl I brought to meet you, she asked me the other day what your favorite food was...and it reminded me of that little burger joint we used to eat at when you were pregnant...so I figured I would bring you one this morning..."

Jungkook's voice falters and fades into a gentle whisper as he closes his eyes and takes a bite of the burger clenched in his hands, tears welling in his eyes as a small ragged chuckle emits from the bottom of his throat.

"Mmm...they still taste the same..."

They're the only thing that's still the same...

"L-Lily...I'll admit...for a second...when Y/N asked that question...I-I forgot...what your favorite food was....how does that happen? How do you forget the favorite food of the love of your life?"

Letting out a breathy laugh as tears fall down his cheeks Jungkook drops the cheeseburger onto the ground, his hands pressing against his tear covered face as a sob hiccups from deep within his chest.

"I forgot it Lily. I forgot your favorite food. Every single day I'm without you it seems like you're fading from my memories...you're becoming nothing but a photo...it still isn't fair...it isn't fair..."

Pushing his palms under his eyes and laying his cheek on the headstone Jungkook closes his eyes and let's out a pained sigh, his tears trickling down the front of the delicate marble letters.

"I wish you were still here...Jimin Hyung...he's going to be a father in a few months you know...it sounds so shocking doesn't it? I won't lie to you Lily...I'm so jealous...I wish I could hold you and our baby...but instead I'm left missing you...it still feels like yesterday you died....no matter what I do...I can't seem to overcome all of this....even though I know you'd want me to...I'll keep working hard though...I promise you...but I hope you understand...how hard it is to only be able to hold a headstone in the place of your true love."

Wiping his tears from his eyes and pushing his bangs back away from his forehead Jungkook sits himself up and dusts off the back of his pants, his hands painfully gripping his backpack that now sits on his shoulders after standing up from the grave plot.