038

Bree Tyler

"Where'd you get the harmonica?" Harry pointed at the musical instrument in my hands.

I had realized when I grabbed the harmonica, Niall never took it back. I hadn't even known I was holding it, I guess I was too distracted. That's why Niall winked at me as he left the door, he gave me the thing he was good at.

My cheeks turned red and Harry piped my attention up, "uhm? Bree?" I grazed the fragile instrument.

"What?" I smiled lightly.

"Where'd you get that?" He referred to the harmonica in my hands that I was mesmerizing over.

"Niall, he gave it to me." I chuckled lightly.

"What is up with you guys? You've been flirting." Harry huffed, crossing his arms and furrowing his brows.

"Are you jealous?" I asked.

"Of course not." He shook his head, "I just don't-"

"Mhm." I hummed interrupting him, "Harry don't worry. I don't like Niall in that way, I like you." I reassuringly grazed his soft cheek with my hand.

Harry smirked lightly, but soon returning back to his monotone expression as if his moment of victory and joy was over.

"And why the hell was he sitting on the couch you rode me on last night?" Harry spoke aggressively as my hand left his gentle cheek.

"I don't know," I breathed out a chuckle. "Although he did seem suspicious like he knew something." I made a tsk sound.

"He knows everything." Harry muttered, "I don't know how the fuck he knows it. But he does."

"Mhm," I crossed my arms. "It's almost like he can sense when something is up, it is quite crazy."

"Yeah." Harry agreed, putting the money into the kitchen cabinet. I looked at him confusingly.

"Why are you putting it there?" I asked him, weird to put money in an obvious spot, isn't it?

"So it's easy t-to find." He stuttered lightly, as if it was obvious. But he also spoke in a sad way of grief or guilt.

"Oh?" I didn't understand what he meant by that, but I didn't ask furthermore. He was probably getting annoyed with my babble of questions, anyways.

"I can't believe Niall gave me this harmonica." I muttered to myself, so I was the only one who heard.

He was so good at playing, why the hell would he give it to me? I wasn't half as good as he was. I mine as well start practicing learning it then. It might take some time, but I'll be better at it; eventually. I already knew how to play some tunes, but I definitely couldnt form a song, yet.

"Are you hungry?" Harry piped up, ruining my thoughtful instruction.

"Yeah," I shrugged.

"Here." He muttered, pulling out a box from the side. I didn't know how he snuck it, it seemed like he pulled it out of his own ass.

"A box?" I questioned. I haven't had take-out food in five months. It has only been home cooked meals.

"Mhm," he nodded. "Take it."

I agreed, grabbing the white styrofoam box in my clutch. I sat on the barstool and placed the boxed food on the island counter top. I licked my lips slightly, opening the box and revealing the delicious (not home-cooked) food.

It was fried and crispy, something I craved on a daily. And now I got it in front of me. I took a bite of the chicken tender, savoring the taste.

"Oh my god," I muttered through my bites of food "this is amazing. Oh how I've missed you." I talked to the food like it was a person, which received a chuckle from Harry.