Epilouge - part 1

Bree Tyler

I laid there on the bloody cold tile, feeling sorry for myself like a pathetic twat. My eyes filled with tears, as I heard the soft patter of paws coming down the stairs.

I looked up, seeing the familiar face of my golden retriever walking around me. Chip whimpered, and licked my face with his tongue. I swallowed the dry lump in my throat. He looked at Harry and sadly whimpered breaking my heart in two. I bit down on my lip as more tears streamed down my eyes.

"He's gone, Chip." I shakily inhaled, not knowing what to do, or say. I felt broken, the love of my life was lying next to me, and he was dead. I never thought I'd live him out, I always thought I'd be the first killed.

My hands bundled together, I was just in shock. I couldn't process anything in the moment, what do I do? What the bloody hell do I do now?

I bit my tearing lip, and Chip whimpered and looked at Harry again. I wanted Harry to just come alive, I wished this was all a sick and twisted dream, but it wasn't. I want to wake up, and Harry would be right next to me in bed and I would be bundled up in his arms. But that's not how the world works.

Like we've said, it's a fucked up place here.

I slipped my hands around, trying to find something, like a leverage. My hand caught onto a metal square, I grabbed it and realized the familiar texture. A phone, Harry's phone. I could tell it was his phone by the feel of the phone case, it's a black rubber case, and there's a blue teardrop on the lower corner, although I couldn't feel it, I know what his phone looks like.

I grabbed it, swallowed before typing my birthday in the keypad. I scrolled through the contacts, landing on the perfect one. I clicked the icon, and I heard the line start to ring on the other end.

"Hi Harry's mother..." I whispered when I heard the line stopped buzzing.

"Hello Bree. And please call me Sage." She insisted, "what's the call for?"

"We need help." I bit my lip, as tears started to stream down my eyes. They wouldn't stop, in fact they couldn't. These were far from crocodile tears, these were the real, vulnerable tears.

"With what dear?" She asked, and I could tell on the other line that her brows had been crinkled in suspicion, I didn't need to see her face to know that.

"He's dead." I sobbed out, "Harry's dead."

"What?!" She exclaimed, making my ears ring. I'm surprised the phone didn't cut off with how loud and painful her scream was. I could feel her pain, I really could.

"I know.." I swallowed, "I'm so sorry for having to be the one to tell you. But we need help.."

"I'll be over right now. What happened?! Where's Harry?!" She demanded questions and wanted an answer. I hated that this whole thing happened the day after they finally reunited. No, I hated that it happened in general, this shouldn't have happened to my Harry.

I gave her our house address that I had memorized to a T. She dryly swallowed, and ended the line with an unspoken goodbye. I felt her, I felt the sympathy. Because I felt the same as her, my fiancé died and Sage's son died.

I waited, and picked the knife up off of the floor. I twirled it around, gazing my eyes at all my flesh and blood. It's the most occupying thing I could do as I waited for his mother to arrive. I feel like if I wouldn't stepped in front of the bullet, I could've avoided all of this and killed just me instead. That way, he'd be perfectly fine and I'd be wherever you go when you pass on. I just can't believe he's dead, my love is dead.