59

Bree Tyler

After being out in the secret flower garden, I decided to come back inside because it's cold and it's dark out.

Harry later walked in the house ten minutes after I did. I had just been sitting on the couch and watching some television, I think we both watch the T.V. way too much.

"Will you ever forgive me?" Harry unexpectedly asked me, he rubbed his hand on my bare thigh making me shiver.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "But I always forgive you too soon, then you end up hurting me. I am not going to make the same mistake of forgiving you too quickly, again."

"You're smart, Bree." He said.

"I know," I replied with a smirk.

"Cocky, too." He remarked with the same smirk I wore on my face.

"Learn from the best." I chuckled under my breath, making him playfully roll his eyes.

"But in all seriousness, what do I have to do to make you forgive me?" He rubbed my thigh once more, making me bite my lip at the feeling of his hands. His hands were dressed in cold metal rings with different graphics and gems. His fingernails wore fine chipped black nail polish that had a few crackles.

"Just prove to me that you won't hurt me again." I gulped, being unaware of what reaction to expect.

"How?!" Harry shouted in frustration making me jump slightly,  "that's exactly what Niall told me to do!" His face turned red in anger.

"You need to calm down, Harry." I grabbed his bicep and brought it close to me, as his free hand remained on my thigh.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you." He took in a deep breath, and then exhaled it out. "I'm just so fucking stressed."

"With what?" I knitted my brows together in curiosity.

"My important business," he said. "And Samuel and Leo." He whispered much quieter like I wasn't supposed to hear it, or he was just embarrassed for me to hear it.

"Who is Samuel?" I asked.

"M-" he stuttered, "my father." He spit out, almost as if he was utterly embarrassed to admit it.

I remember his father, he was the one who showed up at the house. His body had already been covered in blood when he showed up.
Harry knocked him out and tightly zipped his wrists up with zip-ties. Then, he drove all three of us to the lake to drop his father's unconscious body off on to the cliff. He just didn't want his father to ever come back.

I hadn't known his first name because Harry never told me, now I know his father is named
Samuel, and I obviously know his brother, Leo.

I felt the slightest bit of sympathy for the man sitting next to me with his hand rested atop my thigh. He has two members of his family going against him. And for all I know, there could be more members of his family who despise him.

Why didn't they like Harry?

I mean, I had a valid reason to hate Harry. But what was theirs? Maybe their reasons to hate Harry were just as valid as my own.

"Why do Samuel and Leo dislike you?" I asked, releasing his bicep and rather putting my hand on his kneecap.

"I really don't w-want to talk about, okay?" He slightly stammered.