Epilogue - part 3

(please listen to this song while reading this chapter you will not regret it!)

Bree Tyler

I walked up through the sprinkling rain, looking around and at everyone who was at the funeral. A couple of people, the people who were members of his mafia came, and his mother and sister. I walked up the pathway, a blue Himalayan poppy in one hand, and the last senses of my dignity in the other.

Tears streamed down my eyes as I looked into the open casket. They even did his makeup, he wasn't covered in blood anymore - but he didn't look the same. I took a heavy exhale, of course it had to be raining even though it was only a tiny bit of water; it only makes the whole scenery sadder.

I put the Himalayan poppy on his chest, and stared down into the open casket. I felt all eyes on me, as my hands gripped onto the ledge of the casket and held tightly against it.

My black apparel dress flew up in the wind, and I didn't bother to pull it down. I didn't care, my hand lightly touched his hair and I winced when I felt the gross amounts of hairspray. He hates hairspray. I know he's dead, I shouldn't be touching him, but I can't help it but feel the locks in his hair. I can't believe he's gone.

I swallowed down every nerve in my body, and retracted from the casket.

"I'm sorry," I whispered with a small cry, as I closed the casket. It was too hard, I couldn't look at him - he didn't look how he used to.

Everything felt as if it was going in slow motion as I walked up to the lecture. The tears slipped down my eyes, I sniffled my nose.

"H-Hi," I swallowed. "My name is Bree T- no, Bree Styles. I'm Harry's fiancé, but I was supposed to be his wife. Never quite got around to that." I read everything off of the white slip of paper that was on the podium. "So I guess I'm a partial widow then, I'll refrain to myself as a spider perhaps. That label seems for fitting, yeah?"

"He was the most amazing thing that's ever happen to me, you know?" I twiddled my fingers together, and heard some awes from the audience. "It was a tragedy that happened to him, I'd never expect his best friend to do this to him - to us."

"You all know his killer, too. And maybe that makes it worse, all of you in the mafia. Niall was just like you guys, someone who was broken and didn't take no for an answer. But, you guys wouldn't kill someone who put their trust in you, you guys are more of a man than Niall will ever be. Harry was more of a man than Niall will ever be." I referred to Harry's mafia members. His mother and sister looked surprised when I mentioned that he was the leader of the mafia, but she calmed down when I shot her a sympathetic look. You couldn't really expect anything with Harry.

"He will truly be missed, and not just by me.. but our puppy. We had a puppy, Chip is only two weeks old, two weeks!" I gritted through my teeth, clenching my fists as I had gotten carried away. It's just all the rage Niall has put me through is making me this way, a fucking mad alcoholic. "Nothings been easy, it's all complicated without him here. Forty days without him, and I feel lost. I just wish he was here with me, I want him here with me - with all of us. He deserved to be here longer, it wasn't his time!" I sobbed out, and more tears hit the slip of the paper.

"His favorite flower was a Himalayan poppy, and I never would've expected him to fancy that type of flower - hell, I wouldn't ever expect him to fancy me. But, he loved those flowers. I never knew why he loved those flowers, they seemed too bright for his taste. I thought maybe it's because his mafia symbol is a blue teardrop and the flower is the same shade of blue, or maybe it's because he just thought it looked different than the rest of the flowers. But no." I paused, and sniffled before speaking again. "I did some digging, and found out that It's because they're the same on the color wheel, right across from each other. My favorite flower is a sunflower, and his favorite flower is a blue Himalayan poppy. Blue and yellow are right across from each other on the color wheel."