87

Bree Tyler

"Fine, Chip can sleep with us!" Harry flailed his arms in the air, making me smirk.

"Oh, 'the mutt' has a name to you now?" I mocked him, making him close his eyes and exhale in annoyance.

"Just get into the bed, would you?" He playfully urged, making me tilt my head to the side and crawl under the covers and sleepily lay next to him.

Chip pranced on my shoulder, making me chuckle and turn my head over my shoulder. I scratched behind his ears, making him bark and urge me to do it again.

"Chip, you need to get to bed alright?" I laughed, scratching the back of his ears one last time before closing my eyes.

He pounced on me a second time, making me grit my teeth and groan. I can't be getting annoyed, I signed up for this and it was my responsibility to always pay attention to him.

I can't sleep anymore for some reason, and it wasn't Chip's faulting. I don't know, it's just that I have this bad feeling in my stomach and tossing around in my already scattered brain making me incapable of sleep.

"Harry let's go on the balcony, yeah?" I suggested since trying to sleep wasn't any use, making him smirk at me. He stood up from the bed, and started digging through the nightstand drawers; pulling out a bag filled with familiar white powder that would have looked like grinded flour from far away.

This way, Chip might be able to fall asleep without jumping all over me. And we couldn't let him out on the balcony because he could fall off since the gaps in the railings were big enough for him to fit through and have an accidental slip onto the turf. I wasn't about to risk having that happen to him for anything.

We shut the door that led to the balcony, and Chip looked at us and let out a small whine but didn't leave the bed. He was tired, and I know he wanted me but I also wanted to spend some time with my lover.

I rested my elbows on the railing of the balcony, as I let my hair blow in the calming breeze. Harry's shirt lightly unstuck from my body, as the wind picked up its pace ever so slightly.

Harry had lined the cocaine for both of us, and I didn't even realize it until a dollar bill had been waved across my face, trying to distract me from my daze.

"Oh, sorry I didn't notice you finished m-making the lines." I swallowed with a small chuckle.

For some odd reason, I have just been feeling so out of place and I didn't know why. I'm feeling.. lost? I suppose, there really is no way to describe it. I'll say I'm fine, but I don't feel fine. It's almost like my heart pumps faster with every action, my blood runs colder with every phrase, my mind blanks with every bittersweet unpredictable tragedy.

Maybe the coke will kiss me better.

I put the dollar bill up to my nose, and sniffed up the line of cocaine all in one go without stopping, please make me feel better?

I even lightly exhaled as I handed the bill back to Harry. Maybe the drug needs to seep into my veins for a little longer, that'll do the trick I hope.

Nothing.

The drug ran through my bloodstream, settled inside my body probably slowly killing me. But, I still couldn't feel anything. I didn't feel alive or the adrenaline rush that I usually felt. It was nowhere to be found.

"What's the matter pretty lady?" Harry asked, making me sigh and fold my arms onto the railing and peer over it only to see an uneven patch of tall and medium lengthen green grass.

"Oh you know," I shrugged, fluffing my runny nose a bit trying to think of what to say next. But in all honestly it never actually came to my mind. This caused me to furrow my brows and think, something had been seriously wrong. "I-I'm sorry. I actually don't know, Harry."