052

Harry Styles

Physically I was here, but mentally I was somewhere else. The world around me seemed to blur, and not because of my minor head injury, it was of shock.

I can't believe this had happened.

I just wanted to take Bree out for a nice day, but of course I had to run into him, run into Leo.

I hoped Bree was okay. I care about her. She is all I care about, and my mafia of course. I can't open my eyes. I didn't want to for what I may see. Bree could be dead on the floor, I don't even know if she is here. But I was.

Leo could never kill me, he wouldn't let me go that easy. Unless, I did something unforgivable like he had done to me.

Leo can try and hurt me all he wants, I won't be affected for long. But the minute he even touched a fucking finger on Bree, I knew that the danger had arrived. I failed to protect her from it.

I heard her calling my name when she thought I had gotten knocked out, I heard everything. I heard her whimpers and calls for my help. I heard the sounds of the familiar shop bell jingle twice. But I couldn't move, I felt paralyzed. I tried so fucking hard to move for her, but I can't. I'm stuck, I'm drowning.

Save yourself, Harry.

You finally have someone else to save.

I think the reason I can't open my eyes is because, because I'm scared that she won't be there. I'm scared to talk in worry for that she won't respond. I mean, I'm not shocked that Leo had done this, it's no fucking surprise. But what shocked me is that I let him get to Bree, I couldn't save her from him. That's why I feel paralyzed, it's like.. well, if I didn't save her when my body was fine and functioning. I don't deserve to have a functioning body.

I shouldn't be scared, I haven't been scared in over a decade. Fuck, I hate having fucking emotions. I hate having them because now that I feel, it's like I'll be the same old scared and frightened Harry that I was when I was only five years old.

If you have emotions and feelings, you're basically just asking to be fucked with.

But right now, I couldn't think about myself. I needed to think about my lady. Bree. I need her to know that I'm here.

"B-" is all I could force out. And not the letter B, but the start of her name, the sound of the letter B. I tried calling out for her, just as she tried calling out for me when I wasn't there to save her.

"What was that?" I recognized her innocent and scared voice whisper at the sound I made. Thank god, she was here and alive. I almost exhaled in relief, but realized that I couldn't.

"Harry, you there? You okay?" She spilled out questions, that I wanted to reply to. I can't. Fuck, this was so fucking frustrating.

I was here, baby I'm here.

I'm stuck in my head, I'm stuck in my own thoughts for who knows how long.

Wake the hell up.

I need to be awake, I need to kiss her and smother her so she knows it's real. That we're both okay. That we'll be alright.

I felt something smooth swipe across my lips, it was hers. They were so familiar they had to have been hers. Fuck, I wanted to kiss her back. I wanted to taste her.

This was utter torture. I felt like I was mentally insane, stuck in a padded cell. I needed to wake up.

Bree, kiss me again so I'm reassured you're here. I can't see you, for which I can only feel and hear you.