40.

MINA's SIDE.

"aren't you getting tired? you're always following me" Mina asked and rolled her eyes, Chaeyoung chuckled and shook her head. "why would i?" Chaeyoung asked back and smiled, Mina let out a sigh. "if ever someone sees us, specially those people who are close or have a connection to my parents, i'll be dead for sure so please, distance yourself away from m-" Mina didn't finish what she was saying when Chaeyoung pulled her closer because a bicycle almost hit her.

"hey, why are you even driving on the sidewalk?!" Chaeyoung shouted on the guy that is driving the bike, Mina panted and Chaeyoung looked at her with worried eyes. "are you okay?" she asked, Mina blinked a few times when she noticed that Chaeyoung's face is too close. She pushed her a bit and cleared her throat, "i-i'm fine" Mina uttered and walked away, Chaeyoung slightly smirked and followed her over and over again. Mina sat on the bench under the tree and watched the beautiful view of the river in front of her, Chaeyoung sat beside her and stared at the view too.

"why do you always follow me?" Mina asked without even taking off her gaze on the beautiful view, Chaeyoung smiled and sat comfortably on the park's bench. "i want to know you better and there's something on my guts that pushes me to follow you every single time because i see you as an amazing person Mina" Chaeyoung mumbled and smiled, Mina bit her lower lip and slowly looked at Chaeyoung beside her.

The latter did the same and all of sudden, their eyes met and sparks can be felt running on both of their bodies. "you're so beautiful that your face can't even leave my mind" Chaeyoung added and Mina can feel her cheeks starting to get hot, she can feel butterflies flying all over her stomach and she's obviously overwhelmed after hearing Chaeyoung's words. She never expected to hear those and she never expected to feel so glad before. Being born as a lonely person really sucks and Mina finally felt happiness by talking to someone she really hates at first.

"are you serious?" Mina asked with a sly smile on her lips, Chaeyoung can't help it but to admire her even more, just like a beautiful piece in a famous museum.

"i am. I may be an idiot and a careless person when it comes to studies but, i can change myself just for you" Chaeyoung mumbled and Mina's heart feels really happy, she wants that moment to last forever because she forgets the person who can't even notice what she truly feels.

"you're willing to change yourself just for me? that's hilarious" Mina said and chuckled, she thought Chaeyoung would be offended about what she said but the latter just laughed, "i swear Mina, if ever changing myself is the best way for you to gain feelings from me, i won't hesitate to be a better person just for you" Chaeyoung said and it sounded so sincere, Mina can see how sincere she is just by looking on her beautiful eyes.

"you like me?" Mina asked with a smile, Chaeyoung let out a deep breath. "obviously, ever since the first day i transferred on that damn school" Chaeyoung said with a chuckle, Mina chuckled too and she was about to speak but her phone made a noise so she immediately picked it up.

"Mina speaking" she said and she widened her eyes when she heard her father's voice. "come home, now." he said, Mina stood up and started to walk away as fast as she could, she started to feel anxious. "y-yes father.." she mumbled and her father hummed then hang up the call, Mina was about to run but Chaeyoung held back her arm.

"why so sudden?" Chaeyoung asked, Mina looked at her with worried eyes. "Chaeyoung please.. let me go.. if you still want to live" Mina mumbled and hearing those words made Chaeyoung loosen her grip on Mina's arm.

Mina hurriedly ran away and texted their driver to pick her up and take her home. Her father sounded so serious and it's making her really anxious, she doesn't know if something happened on work or she did something wrong. She doesn't even know what will happen next, she's hoping that things will be in a better state. Because if ever it's a mess, she would literally freak out this time.