Chapter 5

The promised double update. Nearly 4k. I am planning a texting chapter and an insta chapter. Some more angst, some more fluff.

_________________________________________

That night, Seungmin texted him.

SeungSeung<8: All good?

HyuniJinnie<8: Yes! All good.

SeungSeung<8: You sure?

It was incredible how the other knew his so well; that even when it was not possible to see facial and voice cues, he could tell that he wasn't okay, and not very forthcoming about his sadness. So he gave in. Even if he was going to get over the other, Seungmin was his friend first and foremost and he would be hurting the other if he pulled away, something that he absolutely didn't want to do. So he was honest.

HyuniJinnie<8: Just my parents being my parents. They asked about dating and girls again ヽ(ー_ー )ノ Feeling a bit down.

Dr. Lee would be proud of him for voicing his emotions. He was proud of himself too because he tended to shrug the most important emotions off even though he voiced his other emotions regularly. Again, he wasn't going to think about the irony of the situation.

SeungSeung<8: Ah. I'm sorry about that. You free tomorrow? We have self-practice time, so I'm flexible.

He really shouldn't. He had come home for a reason after all, but he couldn't help himself. Seungmin was magnetic so they agreed to meet in the early afternoon so Seungmin would have time to practice for a few hours before.

SeungSeung<8: Wear something comfortable but you'll probably want to look cute for where we're going.

He asked where he was going but of course the other didn't tell him. That prankster. Despite the lack of information, he smiled and went to sleep happy because the next day, he was going to spend some alone time with his crush (ok let's be honest, what he had went beyond a crush. A crush didn't last 4 years and wasn't that intense). For a second, it felt like a date but he shrugged his head as if he could get rid of that thought with enough physical efforts. He only managed to confuse his dog in doing that. Not that the dog had any respect left for him anyway.

--------------------------------------------

The next morning, he had breakfast with his family and he informed them that he was going to hang out with a friend later. They were happy that he was socialising. For all his loudness, he was a rather shy boy.

He spent extra time in the shower and on his routine. He gave himself a little makeover by adding some cute flairs to his usual makeup and by braiding two braids on either side of his face and putting half his hair in a half pony-tail. He had debated buns, but his hair would attract too much attention while out and

for once, he wanted to not have to wear a hood or a cap. The sun was warm and shining and he wanted to enjoy it because he had a feeling they would stay outside. Not that there were many things they could do inside these days.

He wore overalls and a white t-shirt, both of which he had packed from home. He accessorised with a few handmade bracelets and some rings and the daisy necklace. He wanted to show Seungmin that he appreciated his gifts. He even grabbed Seungmin's grey hoodie.

He took out a backpack that he'd had in his room for years. It was yellow and had a few patches on it and always made him happy just by looking at it. Perhaps, he should pack up some of the things he valued and were still here. He was sure they would be more useful at the dorm.

He didn't have hidden things here, he didn't dare but at the dorm, they all had hiding nooks which they used to hide things from the staff. They knew where the others' were, just in case they needed to take things out before an inspection. It had only been a day and he missed them already!