Chapter 24

First part is funny, middle party is angsty, last part is wholesome: beware. Also, image is for reference, I don't condone those disposable plastic spoons or containers.

====================================

Breakfast the next morning was pure chaos and none of them would have it any other way (although perhaps some of them would have liked to sleep more and less tears). Hyunjin was trying to ignore the faint echo of pain originating from his lower back while eating the breakfast that Chan and Felix had cooked for everyone.

It all started when Changbin of all people – really unexpected – turned to Chan and in a voice that could be heard by everyone – cause boy got some lungs – he said "Hyung, I was looking at quotes for studio materials. I think we can manage to cover them. We could turn this whole apartment studio proof!"

Confused, Chan asked why they would need to turn their apartment into studio grade. They already had a room which was used as a home studio after all.

"So that everywhere is soundproof hyung" was Changbin's prompt reply.

"What a great idea! I agree with Binnie. Maybe that way we can get some decent sleep" Jisung backed up one of his twins.

Hyunjin choked. This was not happening. They were not discussing them like the public spectacle Seungmin had insisted they weren't.

It seems like everyone suddenly agreed with that, even Chan and Jeongin.

"Maybe Seungmin should pay for this. It's not fair that Changbin hyung pays because he has the richest family. Besides, I hear that Seungmin had been paying for a lot of stuff these days." Felix contributed.

This felt like an intervention. Neither Hyunjin or Seungmin liked it but probably the others had not liked being woken up or not let to sleep thanks to that headboard. One small mercy was that Hyunjin hadn't moaned audibly enough to be heard in the other rooms.

He was still red however and it didn't seem like it would change anytime soon.

It was now Jeongin's turn to comment something outrageous while the two were too flabbergasted to defend themselves – not that they could at this point.

"So I guess Hyunjin's dancer hips have other uses"

"They certainly did when I walked in on them but boy if you think for a moment that it was Hyunjin doing the thrusting yesterday, you are sorely mistaken" Jisung commented.

"As sore as Hyunjin probably is at the moment" Chan betrayed.

"I hope that me leaving contributed to some supernovas. Remember you own me Hyunjin" Minho reminded.

"Oh? What does he own you? What did you get out of it hyung? I mean apart from sleep cut short like the rest of us." Felix asked out of curiosity.

This was when Seungmin found his voice, finally being able to contribute something.

"Apparently, aid in my annihilation" he answered Felix.

"No, not your annihilation. Merely your downfall." Minho replied.

Jisung snorted. "Bet Hyunjin doesn't have to do a lot of see Seungmin fall down."

Changbin agreed "Yes, bet he likes to see him go down. On him that is. We can start to make use of him and his puppy eyes whenever we need something from Seungmin" he rejoiced at the prospect.

Hyunjin hadn't regained his breath and his food laid abandoned and served as a nice view for his eyes seeing as he couldn't look up. He felt a gentle hand, which he'll recognise from a million others, lay on his back and gently stroke what he could reach.