Chapter 68

Chapter 68 is dedicated to @sungbaboon_ who commented and who I encourage to write their own story.

====================

Hyunjin's burden increases but he feels ready to carry it. He knows how to unload it anyway. Seungmin had promised him an all-day if they manage to find a day. He hadn't hesitated despite how the first one had went which made him think that the other one desperately wanted it too.

It was now his turn to be too busy to be with the others. His heart ached but the more he worked, the faster he'll finish and the more time he'll get with his members. They had already promised each other a cuddling session in the living room watching a movie and taking care of each other – mani and pedis and make-up fun ensured.

He was filming this and that - including him when he had been previously excluded and creating so much content.

Miraculously, he got one hour as lunch break in between filming but the others were also busy so he used it well. He finally set up a proper camera and filmed his solo dance; the original version and at the end he felt so light.

One pebble was tossed away from the bag he was carrying.

He filmed it three times just in case and then he filmed it twice more from different angles. Should it ever be published the editor would appreciate that despite it being a one-take. Managing 5 one-takes and set up in under an hour felt satisfying.

He used the studio's laptop and sent one of the videos to Seungmin and Minho. During a bathroom break much later in the day he received nothing but praises and the weight of another pebble was missing from his bag of burdens.

He was asked to create a 20 seconds original dance for promotion. For being 20 seconds the brainstorming that went into it, the concept, the angels and the actual movements took hours to complete but he was satisfied with how original it was. He used juggling balls and danced with them.

Of course being an occasional clown does not a juggler make him and so he had to find ways in which to use juggling balls without actually knowing how to juggle. Those 'learn juggling in 5 minutes' video tutorials were all fake; or at least unusable for someone with his coordination skills.

While filming a video he had a mini-scare which he should have expected. When he went back to the locked changing room to change back to normal clothes, he couldn't find his ring – the one the others had made for him from Kingdom. Actually, Seungmin made it for him so it was even more special but he couldn't find it and his first instinct was to call Chan to come help him but 1. They were busy 2. He shouldn't rely too much on the other. Despite knowing Chan had been joking when he said he wouldn't help him he wanted to solve this by himself.

He looked on top of every surface and underneath them too. He looked in his bag and then he looked again after taking everything out and shaking them because a ring was small and could have been stuck anywhere. From previous experience he knew this. He'll never forget when he found an earring in his shoe.

He looked in his shoes and on his fingers just in case based on yet another past experience but there wasn't any sign of the ring and as he sighed and resigned himself in having to go to the well-known ring maker himself to remake his ring he found it – rolled in his bunched up shirt. He then remembered putting it there to cushion the precious metal and protect it from scratches and he felt so stupid. Then he reminded himself that he was only human and not to be too hard on himself. He wasn't stupid - it was an oversight which was understandable and could have happened to anyone especially someone as overworked as he was at this moment in time.

Despite everything he was proud of himself and he found the situation funny so giggling he texted Seungmin.

HyuniJinnie<8: Nearly lost our ring but it was a good boy like me and just hanging out with my shirt. They seemed very tight.