Chapter 55

A/N: The boys are back tomorrow.

----------------

Hyunjin woke up feeling more tired than he had been when he'd passed out. He didn't feel re-energised at all but he still struggled up, showered and changed in another set of clothes – Seungmin's. Even his underwear. He didn't want to feel his own skin but he couldn't change that. What he could change was the outer layer so he did. The other's clothes, scented with his laundry detergent and products and sometimes lingering sweat, always made him feel protected and safe. It wasn't the case now but he still felt better than the was before.

He didn't eat.

Not because he didn't like his weight. Not because he was on a diet – although he was but this was not the reason. He didn't eat because this way, when his stomach grumbled hungrily, he'll get a chance to ask for 10 minutes of break.

Of course, that would be the case if he didn't pass out before but he wasn't so hungry yet. The Thai from yesterday was sitting heavily on his stomach. He probably would throw up any food he'd have after.

Yesterday's avoided problem was today's renewed problem. How was he getting to the company? Walk? Bicycle?

As he packed all he needed and refilled his water – though he'll also use that as an excuse to get another break – his phone rang with an incoming video call.

He checked and it was Seungmin so he quickly tried to appear as less disheveled as possible.

"Hey" he said, with a genuine smile on his face. How couldn't he not when his lifeline was on the line? Although his lifeline was away and unless he wanted to sink, he needed to work on his promises to work on himself, solve his own problems and generally be stronger. Perhaps like Minho said 'don't let them take advantage of you'.

"Hello" then Seungmin frowned "Everything okay? Is that our room at home?"

Of course the other would recognise it. He should have found a white wall before answering although that may have given him away quicker. All the walls in their dorm had smudges or marks from too many handprints on them.

"Ah yeah. I...didn't feel like staying in an empty dorm so I came here. Hope that's okay!" he rushed to say.

"More than okay, you have a key and you're currently living there, aren't you? Much more than me" Seungmin cackled "But what made you choose between and empty house and an empty dorm?"

How could he explain that it was because he wouldn't be found here? Because he felt safer too.

He shrugged and didn't say anything and eventually Seungmin got he didn't want to talk about it so he continued onwards. The other was probably on a time crunch.

"I called because you never got back to me to arrange a video call. I got worried" Seungmin's voice cracked. The other had his own insecurities and Hyunjin rushed to reassure.

"Sorry! I was dead tired when I saw the messages. I spent 6 straight hours practicing. Possibly 9. Still not sure. I have to go soon and continue polishing it"

"6 hours! 9 hours! For an online video??" Seungmin's voice was outraged. "Did you at least get a break?"

"Um I did...after" he admitted in a tiny voice.

"Hyunjin! If you're going to practice for so long, you need to eat" the other urged.

Hyunjin reassured him that he will, feeling guilty that he technically will but not now even though he was slightly hungry.

"I need to go now. I have to bike it to the company. The bicycles are still in the garage right?" he asked. He had woken up early so that he wasn't late even though he was extremely tired.