Chapter 26

A/N: over 830 reads already! This part is fluffy, funny and smutty with some embarrassment at the end. I am too sleepy to edit but I'll get to it tomorrow. I don't like publishing unedited but I don't want to fall behind. Enjoy anyway and please if anything looks or sounds weird, I apologise. you can always let me know:)

---------------------------------------

The next day he was packed and on the Hwangs doorstep. He went in, said hello to his parents and had a nice conversation with them if superficial. His mother had packed some of Kkami's items and reluctantly they let the dog go. Hyunjin was reminded several times that he had to come and visit several time AND BRING THE DOG WITH HIM. That was the most important part of course and everyone agreed.

Minho had driven him and Felix had tagged along so that two-thirds of danceracha could go and practice together after. They helped him carry some of his things. This time, he barely packed anything just his toiletries, some books he had to get to, some electronics, his private stuff and some workout gear and his favourite clothes. With the prospect of unlimited access to Seungmin's wardrobe, he hadn't packed so many clothes. Although he did pack a few because their styles didn't always match.

Minho and Felix said hi and after helping him unload his stuff, they left after an extra long hug of course.

The Kims welcomed him with open arms – they hugged him so hard you'd think he hadn't visited the week before. Miya was happy to get some company since nowadays she had limited access to her school and dance friends.

No one questioned him about staying in Seungmin's room. In less than an hour, he had unpacked and was settled in. Strangely, he didn't feel uncomfortable staying in a house that was not his own. Looking at Ellie the Elephant staring cutely at him, he sighed and smiled.

They had a look at the basement. It was Mr. Kim's idea actually. He had said that they had been discussing about alternative uses for the basement for years, yet not one had taken the initiative so now he was going to be the test subject.

They spent the morning cleaning it out. There were items that needed to be stored there still but Mr. Kim had bought containers and they filled them up with the items.

The basement was illuminated by light entering from the very top of the room where the daylight or streetlights from outside would get through. By the time they were finished, he had a big room that was mostly empty apart from several storage containers labeled and stacked on top of each other. Yes they had clearly labeled them because it would be a mess otherwise and Hyunjin could see where Seungmin got some of his traits. Just some however, because people aren't just carbon copies of their parents. Seungmin definitely had his own intricate colours and shades.

Just before lunch, he had time to test the room. Since there were no mirrors, he set up his phone to record himself to monitor and playback later. Thankfully, Seungmin owned some decent wireless speakers so he set them up and danced to one song.

♭ 'Black black black in the mirror
우리 사이 벌(Cyber)리는 one and zero
모두 배배 꼬인 digital world
날이 선 그들은 메롱
내 마음대로 알아서 잘할게
참견하지 말아줘 my bad
떠나가줘 멀리 안 나갈게
I just wanna live my life' ♭

'Black Mirror' was such a funky song to dance to. The beat inspired by a certain western pop star made you dance in unexpected ways and Hyunjin had fun discovering them.

Lunch with the family was fun too. It was very animated that's for sure. Having a child there allowed for a lot of creativity because she was always asking questions which had to be answered in very...alternative ways. She asked if there was really a frog on the moon and if there was, will frogs invade Earth? It was really an interesting conversation between trying to let her believe there really was a frog on the moon while reassuring her there won't be an invasion. If anything though, she seemed disappointed that there won't be anything interesting that year.