Chapter 44

A/N: I had to write a chapter to celebrate. Expect chaos. I have a question at the end too

----------------

His prayers had been answered! All his encouragements and hopes were not in vain. Late night conversations with the others, passing along ideas (behind their staff's backs) and practice sessions led to this. His team won and he couldn't be prouder.

He still needed time away to get better after the shock and backlash he had received and he was glad he wasn't in the spotlight right now. He was still scared of messing things up for his members (despite them telling him countless times that they were in this together) so he was glad not to make a grand entrance. He'd be too shy although their fans would probably die of joy.

That doesn't mean he wasn't raptly watching the whole live and at the ready to vote – with some mishaps. He broke a nail tapping the login button but it was worth it. He filed it while there were adverts playing. The whole thing was worth it and not because they had won but because they had done well. If one of the other groups would have won it would still have been worth it: for the friendships, creativity, exposure and experience.

He convinced his family to vote and watch too. Yes his family, because his father had weirdly reached out for him to stay a few days with them. Where they missing him? Probably. Did they show it? Slightly. Did they accept him as a whole? Let's not rush. He guessed distance did make the heart grow fonder.

They used the stage so well! His members and their team really did a great job. Having another version of the song with a classical intro and longer dance break which he totally jammed to was an added bonus. Lee Know's smooth transition to stand in between Seungmin and I.N made him slightly jealous and Chan's whole being made him root that the other did get dicked after because he more than deserved it.

Seungmin on top though...he flailed so hard watching that because the other didn't tell him about that part. He acted so well and moved so dramatically. A man after his own heart.

Once it was over, he got on the phone with the others to be the first not present to congratulate them. They were going to eat meat as a treat by the staff and Hyunjin planned.

His life was not everything shiny or sexy. It wasn't romantic in that sense. There was pain and insecurities and he really didn't want to be someone's entire reason to live –that was too much power. Similarly, he tried to balance his own life. While he was still in disbelieving honeymoon phase he knew he needed to strike a balance with other things in his life but...they won! And was he going to celebrate with his boyfriend? Heck yes.

Plan finalised he got up in a rush and went to get his day bag from upstairs and rushed back down.

"Are you going to meet your members dear?" his mother asked him while being too busy petting a very willing Kkami.

"No, I'm going to buy underwear...I mean..." 'People buy underwear, it's totally normal! Get it together Hyunjin.' Taking his own advise he got it together briefly "I mean that's exactly what I mean. I'm going out to buy underwear"

"Oh. Are you out or are they damaged?" she asked in concern.

"Uhm. I accidentally turned everything pink and I'd like some more uhm variety?" he was not the best liar but fortunately his family was not looking too closely.

Truth is, he was going to buy a different kind of underwear than what his family was understanding. He was going to surprise Seungmin like he tended to do. Perhaps he was getting too repetitive but it was a sure formula and guaranteed to work.

Shopping went by in a breeze. Usually he liked to browse but this time he really was looking for just one thing. There was this one pair that really tempted him. It was lace and white and it seemed like it would wrap around his cock so tightly which he wouldn't mind...but he was scared of moving the wrong way and busting all the seams so he dropped them.