Chapter 74

A/N: Okay I lied (without realising) we were a couple of hundred away from 250k. That's now. That magnifying glass analogy was something I thought of yesterday and it seemed fitting. I originally planned this chapter to start or focus on what will be in the next chapter but a time skip would have brushed over a lot of time which could be used to explore plot points and funny things I've been meaning to write about. I have so many ideas still but without an overarching plot (atm it's loosely 'waiting for comeback') they feel fragmented. I hope you still enjoy SeungJin everyday life with some ot8 and family time. Next chapter will be medium heat.

Chapter dedicated to @acciobadbitch who upvoted.

------

"Home?" Hyunjin asked confused.

"Yes baby, home. To relax a bit. We'll still come work from here or work from there" Seungmin explained. They had that flexibility unless they needed to meet with staff – as long as they delivered results which they always did.

Hyunjin though a bit about what the other could mean. "Like your house?"

"Like also your house. You can have more than one Jinnie. We can even go to yours" Seungmin explained fondly as he caressed the other's soft cheek.

"We can go to yours" Hyunjin shyly agreed. After all the hard work – which would still be carried on- and all the chaos of recent days perhaps they could all do with some low downtime. Even the others. He was sure that Felix would appreciate the time to gain confidence in his kitchen skills without Seungmin jinxing him – he wasn't going to tell Seungmin that though.

He was adamant about teaching Seungmin some basic cooking skills. It was a survival issue at this point. It would be a good occupational health and safety measure having a cooking knowledgeable Seungmin in the building otherwise they would all perish.

Like they had a tendency to do, they decided to go to the Kims that very same day. With them, it was more the hare than the tortoise...or was that the tortoise and not the hare? Hyunjin succeeded in giving himself a headache.

Chan pouted, telling them he'll miss them and then he got slightly irritated thinking that this was Seungmin's way of avoiding a punishment until Changbin reminded him that they had gone through their sentence of sleeping on the couches and cleaning. The kitchen did smell of smoke still so Seungmin ordered a lot of nice air sprays to be delivered to them.

With his good deed done, they packed two light bags (and his guitar of course).

"Please change the water for us?" he hears Hyunjin ask Jisung who was in a good mood this morning.

On the way there – driven by Changbin and Minho (well even both drove Changbin was the one actually driving and they spent five minutes teasing Minho for his song to which Minho made Changbin jealous that he was the one to release a sex song with Chan and not him). The two hyungs had insisted they come with them. Changbin saying that he wanted to make sure that they reached home safely, Minho saying that he wanted to check their basement out and give tips on how to convert it into a proper studio.

The other two however saw right through them. While those reasons were partially true, the two had spontaneously offered to drive them after they heard Hyunjin cheerfully say that he will cook 자장면 for the Kims for lunch. At least they weren't a bunch of free loaders. They were actually driving them and contributing. Hyunjin will enlist Changbin as his trusted sous chef while Minho consulted the family.

It felt great when their families mixed, making their own found family feel even more valid and accepted.

Hyunjin couldn't wait until he could visit his family's home again and have the others with him.