Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It had taken him a few awkward (but better) days at home to finally decide to go back. His parents said they'll miss him but he was sure that with him away it was better. His imagine would be preserved in his parents' eyes. Maybe in their imagination he could be the perfect son.

He packed the few things he'd brought with him and then some. He will leave with more things than he brought over.

During his shower he noticed the bruising still hadn't faded. Yes, his meetings with the floor had actually left a few marks. He could already see some of the others fretting over him...not that he'll mind! He was Mr. Cuddlebug after all.

He'd worn Seungmin's sweater with light jeans. The weather was sunnier now, brightening his day (and making him sweat just by standing up). He'd saved it for a special occasion and going back home, he definitely considered as one.

He had texted the 'TalentedTeam' group chat that he was coming back. Everyone seemed excited and asked a million questions. That is everyone but one. Seungmin's voice was strangely absent from the chat. Hyunjin didn't have to worry for more than five consecutive minutes however, because

Seungmin sent him a private message with a simple 'Finally!! I'll pick you up'. Hyunjin had insisted there was no need, that he'd gone there with public transport after all and he could go back the same way but Seungmin actually played the 'I miss you, want to spend more time with you Jinnie' card, which meant that there was something else going on because why would Seungmin be so forth coming?

Hyunjin was suspicious but still elated that he'll spend more time with his sweetheart. He needed to plan but he didn't have that much time because Seungmin said he'll be here in an hour.

He was a slowpoke at home so that barely left him enough time to help his mother prep for lunch (which he wouldn't be eating but he wanted to help), say goodbye to his parents (he got some nice hugs) and made sure that he had everything (which was for the best because he nearly forgot his most used toiletries in the bathroom AND his charger plugged in the wall socket).

Despite checking the time several times (he managed to annoy even himself) he was startled when their bell rang. Why didn't Seungmin just text him?

He went to hug his dog one last time (the dog didn't really care...) and then he rushed to open the door, but not too much because while he did find some pleasure from his current bruises, he didn't need to add more to his collection.

What he found on the other side...really he should have expected. Seungmin looked like a gentleman in his cute shirt done all the way up and slacks but what really stole his breath was a multicoloured pastel bouquet of baby breath.

 Seungmin looked like a gentleman in his cute shirt done all the way up and slacks but what really stole his breath was a multicoloured pastel bouquet of baby breath

"This is in hopes for a new breath of life" the other cheekily said "well you should take that new breath now or you'll become blue" the other teased.