Chapter 27

This chapter has a lot of what I call 'point conversations' which are very sharps and usually funny. I have a lot of these ideas, I write them, then I see how I can bring them to the story. In this chapter I combined a bunch of them. What do you think? Do they make sense?

----------------------

As mortifying as it was he had to continue facing daily the family who acted like the conversation the previous evening hadn't happened. He wasn't sure whether to be anxious that it will pop up at unexpected times (and so was always expecting it) or if he should trust them to only discuss it when Seungmin was present and they agreed to it. Besides, what can he tell them?

'Oh yeah, your son fucks me in the mattress basically whenever we're alone in the same room together. I want to congratulate you for raising such a strong but cute and caring and domineering son. But there is nothing else going on except he gave me his credit card and he gives me nice gifts and his time. Would you like to see what he bought me?'

Yeah no.

So he braced himself and went into the kitchen the next morning.

"Oh Hyunjin good morning. Any idea if Seungmin is visiting today?" Mr. Kim asked

"Mhm. He was just here yesterday? I don't think so. They have the radio show today" he answered hesitantly. Why were they asking him? Did they think he had some secret means of communications with Seungmin? Telepathy was unfortunately not one of his talents. All he had were normal means which they can also make use of. He had texted the other before going to bed saying that 'Your parents heard us! They asked me if we're together! I didn't answer but they offered to have a conversation with us when you're here. Sorry! Please help!'. All he had gotten, apart from normal text conversations and a wish for a good night, was 'They won't pry if we tell them not to pry. It's okay'.

So here he was in the kitchen, trying to act normal.

"Ah yes, we usually listen in when we are home from work. You can join us of course." Mr. Kim offered. These people were so kind!

"We are cooking" Ms. Kim said although it was obvious "Seungmin told us you cooked egg drop soup for them. Would you like to learn how to make his favourite 계란찜?" she asked and of course he said yes!

He knew how to make that dish but from the ingredients lying on the counter, it seemed like they had a different version and he wanted to learn that. It was so fun cooking breakfast with both adults. Despite them being busy, they tried to make time by waking up early and when two adults helped, the process went much quicker. When three adults helped even if one was learning, they were ready and eating before they knew it.

Hyunjin was in charge of waking Miya up, but he will do that later, allowing her to sleep in at least a bit now that he would take her to school instead of her parents who would usually take her in early.

"So once, Seungmin wanted to make some soup for us although he didn't have much experience then. He was Miya's age now and he got this recipe from the internet. He read all these reviews but it was just a recipe without any videos. We ended up with a big pot of mostly water because one of the measurements said to put 4 fingers of water...and he measures 4 VERTICAL fingers rather than horizontal!"

They all laughed. His parents were telling him funny stories from Seungmin's childhood and he was telling them some funny stories from the past years. SeungLix vlive disaster cooking shows definitely made it.

"Oh I just remembered that we have a photo of that. A not-so-tiny Seungmin frowning next to a big pot, because he had to use the biggest pot we had for all that water!"