Chapter 10

Chan was giving them furtive looks. Of course he was. This morning, he'd turned from his side to theirs to wake Hyunjin up since he was notoriously difficult to wake up. Of course, he'd found Seungmin sleeping there. This wasn't unusual but for once, Seungmin wasn't awake and fake begging to be saved from koala Hyunjin. Instead, he held on the other as if he was the koala.

After what he'd walking in yesterday, he'll be surprised if Chan wasn't a bit curious. He hadn't seen them actually making out, but it was obvious.

The thing about Chan is that he was quite protective. Especially of Hyunjin but of Seungmin too. He had a different soft spot for all the members, but Hyunjin they knew, was the one that had the least family support. He was a sensitive boy that felt emotions too deeply and was okay with it.

In the beginning, Hyunjin had relied a lot on Chan. He'd gone to hospital appointments with him, he paid for their therapy sessions, he went to a lawyer with him and he was there when he'd gone to report things. They often joked about it, but Chan really had parental tendencies.

It didn't help that Chan had gone through a terrible break-up. Now he had a lot of options...maybe he took up the wrong kind of 'sleeping' although at least some of his 'not boyfriends' offered reprieve when his insomnia was in full force.

Chan couldn't but worry that the kids will go through the same thing however, and if it was a break-up between two members, it would be a disaster.

They were all professional, but feelings are feelings. It would unconsciously impact their work and other relationships.

So Hyunjin wasn't surprised when Chan sort of ambushed him. They were brainstorming and researching concept ideas. It wasn't a company task, more like something they were doing to present to them in hopes of getting something approved. At least this way, he could help. He was tasked with set design

because he liked designing and drawing, but he'd ran out of paper because he doodled too much so he'd gotten up from the living room to get another sketchbook. Chan had followed him and here they were outside the supply storage.

"Hyunjinnie. Is it okay if we speak?" Chan started and looked at Hyunjin with puppy dog eyes. He'd learned from the best (and he was teaching Miya now, much to Seungmin's and his pocket's detriment).

"Ah sure, yes hyung" Hyunjin answered nervously. He looked at the other, sketchbook in hand. He was fidgeting but he tried to look at the other.

They went to their room, so they wouldn't stay awkwardly standing in the corridor.

"I'm not going to ask what I walked in on or what is going on, that's for you to tell me if you want. But I wanted to check if you were okay. Do you need an appointment with Dr. Lee?" the older asked. He took such good care of them. Almost everyone but Seungmin, in fact he was sure it was everyone, knew of his crush on the other. He wasn't exactly subtle and he tended to blab a lot. It's been four years so yes, everyone knew. He wore his heart on his sleeve, everyone knew it.

So why had Seungmin not said anything? The other was smart. He figured out the other was attracted to him after all. Was he letting him down gently? He did say they were important for each other. Maybe he should stop thinking so hard.

Chan was looking at him expectantly. Oh right! He still needed to answer.

"I'm fine hyung. We haven't spoken properly properly, but we did say we're fine. We're...going through some changes at the moment. But we really are okay. We'll let you know if there is anything you need to know as our leader and as our friend. We know how to communicate openly to resolve any potential conflict" he said softly, twiddling his thumbs.