Chapter 48

The next morning, Seungmin was feeling marginally better. Marginally, but he tried to pass it on as if he was completely healed – like a miracle – so that he didn't miss any of his schedule.

Chan looked at him for one minute and told him "No. Get back to bed." In a tone that left no room for debate.

Seungmin huffed and while he couldn't debate...perhaps someone more persuasive could? He looked at Minho and whined "Hyunggggg" even though he hated it. It was all for nothing in the end.

Minho just raised his eyebrows and refused to help. "Go back to bed Seungmin. You have a pretty boyfriend waiting for you in bed, a room to yourself and our promise not to interrupt"

Okay, now that did sound tempting. He was slightly better. But still, he hated disappointing people and being unreliable.

"But Younghyun hyung relies on us being there" he explained.

Everyone's expression softened.

"I'm sure he'd understand" Chan reassured.

"Yeah and I'll go! It will be one chaotic MinSung show!" Jisung offered, already planning the show in his head.

"Yeah, and Channie can butter him up too, so no need to worry. Hyung will take care of it" Minho also reassured looking at their suddenly flustered leader, but Chan nodded. Chan took care of his members and made a lot of sacrifices, even though batting his eyelashes, whining cutely and perhaps wearing a low-neckline t-shirt weren't necessarily sacrifices when it came to men he liked.

So Seungmin had no choice to go back to his room where Hyunjin was still asleep. Knowing the other, he must have passed out from exhaustion in the early hours of the morning so he didn't want to disturb.

Standing up leaning on the bunk bed's frame, he looked his fill. He looked so soft, a bit puffy from sleep, his eyelashes fluttered sometimes and small breaths could be heard coming from him. He felt the sudden need to protect, spoil and ruin but in a well-meaning well.

He didn't let the feeling take over – he was used to it.

The other woke up slowly. He could see the struggle but ultimately, Hyunjin got up on his own. He had been practicing and persisting these past few years, trying not to let his body be a burden on the others. If he could, Seungmin would cancel all their morning schedules so that the other could sleep in up to his heart's content every single day.

Hyunjin bolted up, startling him.

"Seungmin! You're awake! What are you doing out of bed??" the other asked urgently. He didn't shout, he purposefully kept his voice low and Seungmin's head appreciated it.

"Don't worry, I'm getting back in. Apparently, I'm not on any schedule" he sulked out but when Hyunjin sighed in relief, he let go of the small resentment he had that he wasn't able to be productive. Perhaps he could be productive by letting his charge take care of him and him taking care of the other in turn.

So he got back in bed and Hyunjin brought him a watery breakfast. His throat had been parched and he hadn't realised but of course the other was in-tune enough to tell. Hyunjin even helped him to apply a natural mild cherry flavoured lip balm because his lips were dry. He even gave him creams to spread over his nose to sooth the red irritated dry skin there. If he didn't know the other loved him, this may have been his biggest cue yet.

Seeing someone all gross and snotty and dribbling undesirable liquids with a great chance of getting you also sick with the same visible symptoms and yet still snuggling with them and looking at them with start in your eyes and even kissing briefly said lips in the corner; that was all a feat of love.