Chapter 47

Hyunjin was present when Minho and Seungmin started practicing for their duet and he was seriously starting to regret it. Those two were worse than cats and dogs that didn't get on. There were some cats and dogs that actually took care of each other - not these. Not overtly at least though he had seen them leaving food for each other and reminders for important things. Just never to each other's faces. How can two people be so alike and fight so much? Although they weren't the same. Hyunjin couldn't imagine dating Minho. He shuddered. He may be a masochist but Minho's antics were not what he was looking for.

On the other hand, seeing them dance so sexy was a blessing. Minho always moved so precise and Seungmin's body moved not exactly like water or air but more like a strong branch in the wind. He bounced back in his place but could reach out very far too.

"No, hip trust Seungmin! We need a hip trust here" Minho drilled and showed the other the move.

"I am doing one!" Seungmin defended.

"Not good enough. That's weak. Hyunjin, he can do better, can't he?" Minho asked looking at him.

While he did not want to get between that or drag Seungmin down, he knew he could do better and he wanted to see that so he nodded.

"See even Hyuni agrees. Just imagine you're fucking him on stage or something. Bet you're into that"

Hyunjin's face was tomato red but Seungmin got a determining look on his face that was super hot and the next hip trust he did was definitely one he recognised.

"Huh. Guess he does fuck you good huh Hyuni?" Minho teased and Hyunjin threw a tissue box at him, hoping right after those very same tissues wouldn't make all the way to his mouth.

Apart from conversations that bordered on war like these –which weren't the first or last that day alone – their learning of the choreo, changing and tweaking it and practicing went by very fast and well. They were professionals that were used to it although there were always moves that they got stuck in and there was always room for improvement. They just had to drill them and learn them by muscle memory. Or perhaps not because when dancers learned that way, then they couldn't remember anything else which is why they always embarrassed themselves in part changes but the others did well because they used more observation skills rather than muscle memory. So perhaps Seungmin just had to stick to his method. It was working anyway.

Hyunjin worked on his own thing on the side but he did get distracted quite often. He had a view and mirrors. He blushed remembered their own use for mirrors and he had to fan himself to get his overheated system down.

"You okay Jinnie?" Seungmin asked. There were mirrors after all and they others could see him.

"Yeah, just...mirror" he said.

Minho looked at him strangely – not that different from usual – but Seungmin got a glint in his eye and simply said "I see" but it had a dark edge to it. Perhaps they'll make use of this practice room later or at least their bathroom – which unlike their room had both a mirror and a working lock.

"Right, whatever creepy sexual energy this is, channel it into our dance. Let's go from the start and one and two and three..."

This dance was going to look like two predators coming for you and Hyunjin was living for it so much he had a certain problem and had to excuse himself to the bathroom to calm himself down with some water and breathing exercises. Then he channeled the rest of his unmet arousal into dancing.

He channeled so much that he didn't realise when the music from the other side had stopped. To be fair they had kept the music volume to a minimum in order to not distract each other further but Hyunjin only realised when someone tapped his shoulder and he screeched.