Chapter 45

He's ambushed in the Kim's house when he's picking up his last now dry bouquets (the one after the others came back from Japan and the panties imitation bouquet which led to a great hotel stay). It starts like this:

"Oh what a nice necklace you have Jinnie. Is it new?" Ms. Kim asks referring to the necklace he was constantly playing with over their shared snack.

"Ah, yes. Pretty isn't it?" he asked proudly, twirling it so the rose gold and silver caught the light.

"Yes, you always have good taste" she remarks.

"Oh, thank you but it's a gift" he correct, not realising the trap he had just walked into.

"A gift you say. Is it perhaps from Seungmin?" Mr. Kim said, leaning on his arms and thus closer to Hyunjin who stared at him awkwardly.

"um...yes?" he really needed to learn to lie better or at least have a better pokerface. When faced with a simple, innocuous sounding question which he wanted to answer but knew that perhaps he shouldn't, he tended to crack immediately.

"Oh what a lovely gesture. Was that during your trip? Your alone trip?" he asked. Was it Hyunjin's imagination or was 'alone' emphasised? Probably not, they already suspected something but they had said that they will wait for them to discuss it...

Hyunjin nodded. There was no point in denying it.

"Lovely. Lovely indeed. You know, yesterday we called your parents. We wanted to check how you had taken the win, since you could be so moody" Ms. Kim actually elbowed her husband then "not that that's bad, it's part of who you are" he rectified "but you can imagine our surprise when they told us you were not there but rather sleeping at the dorm."

Where were they going exactly with this? The dorm was also his home although he wasn't staying there at the moment.

"Yes, I stayed at the dorm. Wanted to celebrate with the others"

"Others? Or Seungmin?"

Ah. Right. This was an intervention and he had understood that too late. He was in the spider's web already.

"Both?" he said meekly.

"Right right, your friends are your friends...and Seungmin is Seungmin right?" Ms. Kim actually wiggled her eyebrows.

Can an asteroid hit earth at this very instance? He'll die happy. The others were happy. Their fans were happy. Kkami was probably happy with mum and dad and Miya was in-person with her friends. It would be better for everyone.

"What exactly are you asking?" he asked because they just kept on staring at him. He was so so grateful that the kid was at school.

"Had it been Seungmin he would have asked that immediately. We know we said we'll let you take your time and tell us but truthfully, you're taking too long and we want to know" Ms. Kim bluntly said.

"Um. I don't feel comfortable speaking without Seungmin being present" he admitted. Dr. Lee would be so proud.

"Every time we've tried to breach the subject with him, he's either been purposefully avoiding it or he's here to see you and barely has time to say 'hi' to us. I don't suppose you can convince him to find some time for his lovely curious parents, do you?"

Wow. Guilt trips and appealing to his sense of 'yes I can' when it came to Seungmin? Guess he now knew that he got his savageness from both of them.

"I'll text him" he caved.

Suddenly there was a change from skz-x to skzoo. "Oh how lovely. That's all we wished for. A nice discussion with you two is great. More tea?"

He'll probably choke on it but because he had problems saying no to people he liked, he said yes and sipped slowly his tea. At least it wasn't piping hot.